Brixton is the birthplace of David Bowie, the home of Electric Avenue, and the best burger in London. 

Honest Burgers have locations all over London but there is something about Brixton that’s just a little special. The food is exactly what I envision in my head when I’m cooking at home, acting like a gourmet chef and pretending to be on "Come Dine With Me". Sadly, my homemade burgers look much more like krabby patties — animated lettuce included.

My visit didn’t start out as I’d planned: I fell flat on my face walking in and took down a tub of mayonnaise in my wake. Great start. The menus at Honest are on tiny wooden boards, they source local beers, and they don’t have any coffee. It’s like stepping into hipster-ville but you’re totally welcome. The best part? You have a blanket on your seat. A blanket. I could bring my 83-year-old Nana here!

coffee, tea, beer, pizza
Heather-Jade Stanley
coffee, beer, tea
Heather-Jade Stanley

I sometimes get embarrassed asking for a gluten free bun but the GF option was already on the menu - how polite.

The burger is the optimum size for picking up and eating, something I never do. (They actually didn’t give me a knife and fork so I was pretty powerless.) Not only do they feed you at Honest but they get you to face your fears. I managed to eat it without making a mess — a personal triumph — and I can honestly say I want these guys to cater my wedding. The burgers are juicy and tasty and it's just the right amount of food. The fries are homemade and covered in rosemary salt. Yeah, that's a thing, and it's astounding. I am now the worlds biggest rosemary advocate. Best part of it all, I didn’t even spend 10 bucks.

chips
Heather-Jade Stanley
french fries, potato
Heather-Jade Stanley

The menu is pretty simple, just beef and chicken burgers with a couple of sides. 

chips
Heather-Jade Stanley

Next time you want to embrace your inner hipster and eat something truly delicious, head to Honest and have a burger so beautiful you’ll Instagram it twice.