Birthdays only happen once a year, and they are the perfect excuse to get together with your friends and enjoy a nice meal or fun outing. However, it can definitely feel stressful trying to plan the perfect birthday celebration. From more laid-back options to an all-out celebration, here is my list of the best restaurants to celebrate your birthday at in Atlanta.

The Garden Room

The Garden Room, located in the heart of Buckhead, is a picture-perfect spot that will make your birthday wishes come true. The decor is beautiful, creating a magical and festive atmosphere. From creative cocktails to decadent dishes, this American-cuisine restaurant will blow you away. My favorite item was the lobster roll — definitely a must-try if you love seafood! The menu is on the pricier side but worth it for a special occasion.

Amore e Amore

Located in Inman Park, this adorable Italian restaurant is perfect for any celebration. The inside is decorated with fun streamers and balloons that get switched out every few months based on the restaurant's theme. Most recently, Amore e Amore was decked out in Valentine's Day decor, which makes for such a festive meal. They even provide birthday hats at your table! The menu has all your Italian favorites, from simple pasta dishes to a cheese-covered chicken parmesan entree that melts in your mouth. Check out fellow Spoon writer Melanie's article for more of her favorites from this great restaurant!

Bartaco

This list would not be complete without an all-time favorite of mine: Bartaco. Bartaco is perfect for large group dinners because everyone orders and pays for themselves from their phones. It is definitely on the less expensive side, and you are able to order as little or as much as you want! My favorite items to order are the pork belly taco and the street corn — you can never go wrong with either! And of course, a birthday celebration would not be complete without dessert, so make sure to save room at the end for their classic churros and chocolate.

Taverna Plaka

This Mediterranean restaurant not only has delicious food, but also entertainment that will have you dancing and throwing napkins like you're in Greece! Their menu is full of traditional Greek dishes, including fresh salads and seafood entrees. Definitely make a reservation here for a fun and memorable birthday celebration!

Lips Atlanta

If you are looking for something more than just dinner, Lips is a must. Their nightly drag shows are so entertaining and will make any celebration so special and fun! I went with a large group for a friend's birthday dinner, and they called her up on stage at the end of the show. Although the food itself was nothing special, the lively and energetic vibes of both the performers and the audience definitely made up for it. No matter the occasion, I guarantee you will have an amazing time at Lips!

I hope this guide gave you some ideas for when you are planning your next birthday celebration in Atlanta. Whether you want a more laid-back dinner at Bartaco or an all-out drag queen show at Lips, I hope your next birthday is a memorable (and tasty) one!