Just when I thought I had tried every great restaurant in Atlanta, I stumbled upon Amore e Amore to celebrate my 20th birthday, a quaint Atlanta Italian restaurant in Inman Park. This is the place if you're craving classic Italian food with all the vibes where you can "experience the taste of Italy and the celebration of amore." Amore e Amore's festive and whimsical decorations make the dining experience magical, and it's an ideal location to celebrate this Valentine's Day with your sweetheart or for a fun night out with your Galentines!

Atmosphere

Melanie Dash

As soon as you step into Amore e Amore, you will feel like you're in a magical wonderland…an Italian food wonderland. From floor to ceiling, every inch of the restaurant is covered in streamers, lanterns, and balloons that tie into the restaurant's theme, which they switch out every few months. Some recent themes have included Harry Potter for spooky season, New Year's theme for December and January to ring in 2023, and Valentine's Day this February. On my recent visit to the restaurant, the owner mentioned that the spring theme would be exceptionally beautiful and worth making a trip back…so book your reservations ASAP!

The Vibe

Amore e Amore is like one big party; no matter the occasion, you will feel like you're celebrating something! Our table had birthday party hats waiting for us, and our waiter made us feel extra special throughout the evening, blowing bubbles at our table when dessert came. While you enjoy your Italian feast, fun songs blast in the restaurant. It's cozy and charming, yet also young and fun.

The Food

The decorations at Amore e Amore are certainly show-stopping, but let's be honest, the food is where the real party is. Luckily, I went with a big group, so we were able to try many menu items. 

For appetizers, we started with two salads: the organic mixed greens salad and, of course, a classic Caesar. Both were delicious and a great way to start our meal on a lighter note. The caesar dressing was extra creamy and zesty with a homemade crostini instead of traditional croutons: certainly an A+ caesar in my book.  

Melanie Dash

Next, we moved on to the pasta course. The gnocchi vodka was one of the best dishes I've ever had; it was cooked to perfection, swimming in sauce, and melted away in my mouth.

Melanie Dash

If you're a bolognese fan, do not miss the rigatoni bolognese. The pasta is topped with a heaping pile of sauce, ensuring every bite is flavorful.

Melanie Dash

Lastly, the Miller Family Pasta was a stand-out and a fan favorite amongst my group. A crossover between an alfredo and meat sauce, this plate of pasta was creamy and flavorful. (Insider tip: save some warm bread they bring out on the house to dip in the extra pasta sauce!)

Melanie Dash

For the main entree, we shared chicken parmesan. Amore e Amore did not skimp out on the cheese. The chicken is entirely covered in melted mozzarella and remains crisp when you cut into it. The portion is enormous and can be shared. Along with the chicken, we got a side order of meatballs which were the perfect bite size for our very full stomachs.

Melanie Dash

Dessert

Of course, we could not pass up birthday dessert. We stuck with classic Italian desserts: tiramisu and cannolis. The tiramisu was soft and moist, and the cannoli cream was out of this world. Be aware that the dessert portions are small. Although you get little bang for your buck, the desserts are delicious and worth the price tag. In addition, we spontaneously ordered their special birthday dessert, giant bananas foster with a candle on top!

It goes without saying no piece of food was left untouched. As a New Yorker, I consider myself an expert in Italian food, and Amore e Amore surpassed my expectations for an Atlanta Italian Restaurant. It's one of those places where you will leave a proud member of the clean plate club and will love it more and more each time you go!