Birthday's are special and only come around once a year, it's a time to show off and do it up right. Tired of celebrating in the same average restaurant? Upgrade your birthday with this birthday dessert-themed special list, you will be able to enjoy your birthday a little more differently each year by trying some of the various different restaurants around New York City.

1. Black Tap

529 Broome St, New York, NY 10013

The Birthday Cake Milk Shake

First on the list is a personal favorite of mine, located in New York's very own fashion district, Soho. Black Tap is famous for their large over the top milkshakes and creative gourmet burgers. Additionally, on your birthday, you're able to buy a birthday cake milkshake while the staff sings "Happy Birthday" to you.  This birthday dessert is sure to upgrade your celebration.

2. Quality Eats

1496 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10075

Birthday Cake Sundae

Known for its designer boutiques and trendy restaurants, this neighborhood is a perfect spot to host various kinds of events including birthdays. Quality Eats has two locations, one in Greenwich Village and another in the Upper East Side. Quality Eats menu primarily boasts steakhouse and seafood dishes. Known for their variety, it is no surprise that a birthday cake sundae is available at Quality Eats. Their delicious birthday cake sundae is sure to spruce up your special day even more. 

3. ABC Kitchen

35 E 18th St, New York, NY 10003

Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sundae 

This next restaurant is for those with refined taste, if you're  into refined and chic American eateries then ABC Kitchen is the spot for you. Located between Union Square and the historic Flatiron district, this Jean Georges-Vongerichten restaurant presents a lavish vibe and cuisine at a reasonable price. ABC Kitchen is famous for its unique use of local organic ingredients within its oriented cuisine. Furthermore, their salted caramel ice cream sundae is a perfect addition to top any birthday occasion.

4. The Cheesecake Factory

90-15 Queens Blvd, Queens, NY 11373

Funfetti Birthday Cake

The Cheesecake Factory, an American restaurant chain that revolves around its fascination with dessert.  As you might have gathered from the title, is famous for their cheesecakes dishes. This past July the restaurant added a new flavor to their line of cheesecakes, the Celebration Cheesecake. The Celebration Cheesecake consists of layers of original cheesecake, vanilla cake, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla mousse, and is topped off with a cream cheese frosting. Its confetti-like sprinkles and colorful presentation make it a perfect way to conclude your birthday dinner. To try this marvelous birthday dessert you will have to travel to Queens, as it is the only borough with Cheesecake Factory location.

5. Sugar Factory

1991 Broadway, New York, NY 10023

The Make a Wish Milkshake

Last but not least, with 12 restaurant locations in six states within the continental United States and three restaurant locations abroad (Philipines and Dubai), this restaurant chain that takes dining to the next level. The Sugar Factory is the place to be if you're looking for a unique dining experience. Known for its 60oz Goblet Signature drinks also offers a large variety of appetizers, main courses, and desserts. This establishment is bound to make your celebration even sweeter with it's Make a Wish milkshake. If this birthday dessert is something that triggers your sweet tooth, there are two locations in New York City (Upper West Side and Meatpacking District) that can make your sugar dreams a reality.

A party without cake is just a meeting!

Go forth and kick your birthday celebration into high gear these birthday dessert-themed specials, and most importantly spend the most important day of your life with the ones you love in a new and unique way.