If I had to pick one sauce to eat for the rest of my life, Alfredo sauce would definitely be in the running. This creamy, cheesy sauce is a staple in lots of Italian restaurants. Mostly served with fettuccine, Alfredo seems like it's difficult to make so a lot of people buy pre-made sauce. But instant or frozen sauce is a no-go. It's usually pretty gross and filled with additives, preservatives, and salt.

What if I told you that you could create delicious homemade Alfredo sauce in less than 20 minutes? Don't let the cream fool you! It doesn't have to be complicated. With a few ingredients and only three simple steps, you can make Alfredo sauce for any occasion.

Alfredo Sauce

• 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley
  • Black pepper to taste
Kaitlyn Mulligan

Put the butter into a sauce pan over medium heat.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Once the butter is melted, put the garlic in the pan followed by the cream and let simmer for 4-5 minutes. Whisk frequently.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Stir in cheese. Finish with parsley and black pepper.

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Enjoy!

Kaitlyn Mulligan

Now you can use it for whatever you want! Pour it over shells for stuffed pasta and cheese. Use it for Alfredo lasagna. Go traditional and serve atop fettuccine. You can't go wrong!

Kaitlyn Mulligan

#SpoonTip: If you need to reheat the sauce, pour a little milk, cream, or water in it before microwaving. This will prevent clumping if the sauce gets too thick.

Throw out all your jarred, canned, or frozen sauces. You have the expertise to make it on your own. Cooking "fancy" food doesn't have to break the bank or take all day.