Juice Bars have quickly become popular destinations for individuals looking to dine out and stick to a healthy or vegan diet. One sunny spring Sunday morning, I woke up CRAVING a good smoothie bowl. Quickly, I decided to google juice bars near and one named "Southern Squeeze" popped up and the provided menu caught my eye. My friend and I hopped in the car and drove the 45 minutes down the mountain and were seriously satisfied with the new spot we had found. Three years later, we still crave Southern Squeeze and its popularity has grown among Sewanee Students looking for a quick visit to civilization and some healthy and delicious eats. Southern Squeeze provides its customers with options that are just as healthy as they are delicious, sometimes a rare combo, and I never find myself disappointed with my choice of meal. However, I often find myself wanting to order everything on the menu, so decided to compile a list of some of my cannot miss  food and beverage favorites on the menu. 

1. The Down Country Smoothie Bowl 

Virginia Rayder

Looking for something to satisfy your sweet cravings? The Down Country Smoothie bowl is the answer. This bowl made with a traditional acai base, topped with fresh berries, shaved coconut, to-die for homemade granola, and topped off with a light but decadent drizzle of creamy peanut butter is sure to make your mouth water. 

2. Avocado Toast 

Abigail wedding

Who doesn't love a good avocado toast? Popular on menu's everywhere, Southern Squeeze's rendition of avocado toast will not disappoint-plus you get a bonus piece. Served on sprouted grain gluten-free bread, Southern Squeeze tops their avocado toast with kraut, which is full of healthy probiotics that aid in maintaining gut health, sprouts, and spices that will surely satisfy savory cravings. Additionally, the toast is placed on a bed of greens to make sure you hit your daily intake of veggies. What's not to love? 

3. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup 

Virginia Rayder

Grilled cheese and tomato soup is a classic and favorite food pairing for many that takes us back to our childhood days. However, grilled cheese might not be the healthiest option and becomes an indulgence or special treat. Southern Squeeze provides a healthy take on this favorite, making sure customer's cravings are satisfied without compromising a healthy diet. The tomato soup, topped with a drizzle of basil, is perfectly creamy, and the herbed cashew cheese on the sandwich is so delicious, it'll have you believing its the real thing.

Pro tip: ask for a side of marinated kale to add to the grilled cheese to make it. 

4. Quinoa Kale Caesar

Virginia Rayder

Southern Squeeze's take on this classic salad sure won't leave you hanging. This new menu item tossed with garbanzo beans, quinoa, artichoke hearts, fresh and sun dried tomatoes, and topped with pepitas and slivers of avocado is tasty and satisfying and has become one of my go-to order items.

5. Tumeric Latte 

Virginia Rayder

This golden tumeric latte definitely earns a gold star. Tumeric is a superfood that can do amazing things for your body and is best known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The perfect mixture of sweet and spicy, ordering this tumeric latte will make you feel warm and cozy while doing great things for your body.

6. Chocolate Chip Cookie 

Virginia Rayder

Your time at Southern Squeeze would not be complete without leaving room for something sweet. A case at the front of the store is full of healthy options to satisfy your sweet tooth without consuming processed sugars. While all the treats are tasty, the chocolate chip cookie is one you don't want to miss. 

Next time you go to Chattanooga make sure to fit Southern Squeeze into your trip. I promise you will leave this sunny spot feeling happy and full of healthy foods to fuel the rest of your day.