To me, the perfect Saturday morning sounds like throwing on my comfiest athleisure, walking to Depot Park, and grabbing a carb-loaded breakfast. Does it really count as a hot girl walk if it doesn’t involve a sweet treat, or maybe even two? No reason to feel guilty since you’re exercising while you’re doing it, right? Sydney and I decided to figure out where the best places around Depot are to grab a great breakfast to-go.

But First, Coffee

Our first stop was Humble Wood Fire where we picked up drinks. I got a nitro cold brew with oat milk and vanilla syrup and Sydney got a matcha latte with oat milk and lavender syrup. The nitro cold brew came straight from the tap and it was so smooth. As a fan of unsweet coffee, I was impressed by the neutrality of the vanilla, while still being flavorful.

Stella Celentano

The woman checking us out said the match latte was her favorite drink there. It was delicious and the lavender flavor was just the right intensity. Sydney explained how lavender normally makes her think of essential oils, but this was not that at all. While this time we just grabbed drinks to go, I highly recommend also checking out their weekend brunch!

It's Bagel Time

Next, we walked right across the street to Luke’s Bagels. Luke’s is known for being the bright red building with a walk-up window and a New York Water Maker. This is a water source replication system that is installed to recreate the kind of water that they have in New York, which is said to be the key to making New York pizza, bagels, and other foods so delicious.

Sydney and I planned on ordering the seasonal pumpkin chocolate chip bagel, however they were sadly already sold out this morning. I’m not upset to have to make a return visit. Instead, I ordered a cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese and Sydney got a plain bagel and lox sandwich with onion and chive cream cheese. The lox sandwich also comes with tomatoes, onions, and capers, and she added avocado.

Stella Celentano
Stella Celentano

We took our breakfast over to picnic benches at Depot Park to enjoy, but maybe next time a picnic blanket would be even better! My sweet combo of strawberry and cinnamon raisin was delicious. I typically get strawberry cream cheese with a blueberry bagel, an order that I learned at a classic bagel place in New York, but today I decided to switch it up.

Sydney’s sandwich was also fantastic. She said the onion and chive cream cheese paired perfectly with the lox. If I was going to swap another kind of bagel for the plain one for this sandwich, I would get either the onion, garlic, or everything. The bagels at Luke’s are so thick, moist, and just the right amount of toasted. Plus, they are not shy with the toppings! We both decided that the next time we go, we will be getting utensils to help keep everything on the bagel. 

Stella Celentano

Luke’s opens at 7 a.m. and Humble Wood opens at 9 a.m. I can’t wait to see all of you hot girls starting your day off right at Depot next weekend!