With the days getting warmer and the sun staying out longer, we are so excited to start eating some cold ice cream again. If you’re vegan, trying to reduce your dairy intake, or simply ready to try something new, keep reading to learn what our favorite vegan ice cream brands are! 

Van Leeuwen

Van Leeuwen is one of our favorite brands of ice cream, ever. Van Leeuwen Ice Cream has a huge variety of vegan flavors, from Vegan Rhubarb Crumble with Sweet Basil and Vegan Pineapple Coconut Cookie Swirl, to Vegan Vanilla Almond Butter Cup and Vegan Brownie Sundae Raspberry Swirl.

Van Leeuwen makes non-vegan ice cream as well as vegan ice cream, which makes it a perfect brand for friend groups who have a mix of dietary restrictions!

They have ice cream shops in New York, California, New Jersey, Texas, and Pennsylvania. If you don’t live in those states, you can check out the list of grocery stores that carry Van Leeuwen ice cream. In addition to ice cream pints, Van Leeuwen also makes other frozen desserts, such as their Vegan Triple Chocolate Swirl Bar. If you aren't near one of their shops or a participating grocery store, don't worry – Van Leeuwen also offers nationwide shipping! There is a minimum of four pints to order online, but, we think it’s worth it!

#SpoonTip: add Van Leeuwen’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl to the top of your list of ice cream to try! It may be a common flavor, but we cannot recommend it more. 

Daiya 

You probably know Daiya from their vegan pizzas or vegan cheese, but we think you’ll soon recognize them from their delicious ice cream.

Daiya has three flavors of vegan ice cream pints: Triple Fudge Chunk; Salted Caramel Chip; and Classic Vanilla Creme. We highly recommend their Triple Fudge Chunk!

Daiya has four types of ice cream bars: Chocolate Fudge Crunch; Classic Vanilla Bean; Espresso Coffee; and Salted Caramel Swirl. 

Check out this link to find out where you can buy Daiya ice cream and Daiya ice cream bars!

Arctic Zero

Arctic Zero is a vegan ice cream brand that uses faba bean as its ice cream base. Most vegan ice cream brands use coconut, almond, soy, or oat milk as the ice cream base, but Arctic Zero is mixing it up with a faba bean base! According to their website, the faba bean base gives the ice cream the same flavor and texture as other vegan ice creams, but it has fewer calories. The ice cream is sweetened with monk fruit in place of artificial sweeteners. 

Arctic Zero has 11 flavors of vegan ice cream, from brownie blast to cherry chocolate chunk.

Did we miss your favorite vegan ice cream brand? Did you try our suggestions and want to let us know what you thought? Comment below, or find us on Instagram @cc_spoon!