We all have those days where the last thing we want to do is simply get out of bed. If you're like me, the only thing that motivates me on those mornings is food. My mind usually wants something super fast and easy to make, but I never have those types of things in my apartment (i.e. Pop-Tarts, granola bars, etc.)

But you want to know what I do have in my pantry? Healthy chia seeds, almonds, bananas, cinnamon, and honey. Always. Throw those ingredients into a glass with some almond milk and BAM! You've got yourself an easy and cheap start to a healthy, productive day. I'm not saying the easiness and cheapness makes this taste better, but the easiness and cheapness makes it taste better. What's that taste? The taste of adulting. 

This breakfast glass is super filling, but in a good, non-bloated way. If you're extra lazy like me, make the glass the night before. That way the chia seeds are working their magic while you're asleep, leaving you with a masterpiece to eat in the morning. Put it in a reusable to-go cup and take it with you to class. Throw it into a tuperware container and bring it for lunch. The opportunities are endless.

Chia Banana Breakfast Glass

• Cook Time:0

• Handful almonds roughly chopped
  • 5 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 1 large banana
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • cinnamon to taste
  • honey to taste
cereal, chocolate, herb, coffee, rice
Chiara Maras

Take your chopped almonds and put them into a tall glass.

cereal, chocolate, sweet, nut
    Chiara Maras

Add chia seeds.

cereal, banana
    Chiara Maras

Peel your banana, mash it up a bit with a fork, and throw it into the glass.

dairy product, pasta, cheese, vegetable
    Chiara Maras

Add cinnamon to your liking.

coffee, chocolate, tiramisu, cream, espresso
    Chiara Maras

Mix it all together.

ice, ice cream, chocolate, cream
    Chiara Maras

Add just enough milk to cover all of the ingredients, and then a little bit more. The amount really depends on the glass size. It should end up filling up about 3/4 of the glass. Give all of the ingredients a big 'ole stir and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The chia seeds will absorb the milk and expand, giving the mixture a smoothie-like texture.

cream, dairy product, sweet, milk
    Chiara Maras

After 30 minutes, take out your glass and add as much honey as your soul desires.

tea, coffee, banana, milk
    Chiara Maras

Dig in!

banana, sweet, dairy product, milk
    Chiara Maras