Hey seniors! Today is officially your last day of undergraduate college classes and there are only 12 days until graduation (please don’t go). In preparation, Spoon Syracuse has compiled an official bucket list of restaurants to visit before the big day.

Catch up with those freshman year friends that you haven’t talked to in a while, celebrate your accomplishments with family members, and cherish the last days with your closest friends all over some of the best food that Syracuse has to offer.

Beer Belly Deli & Bar

510 Westcott St, Syracuse, NY 13210 • (315) 299-7533

graduation

Photo courtesy of dailyorange.com

Westcott Street is considerably underrated in the foodie world–especially Beer Belly. This gem is hidden between Asashi Sushi and Westcott Theatre and they serve up some of the best meaty sandwiches you could ever imagine. They are best known for their Sunday brunch menu and homemade waffle fries. Check this quirky joint off your list sooner rather than later.

Bittersweet

121 W Fayette St., Syracuse, NY 13202 • (315)474-WINE(9463)

graduation

Photo courtesy of Facebook.com

Wind down, relax and satisfy your sweet tooth after your last final of the year (and hopefully EVER!) with a delectable dessert and glass of wine from Bittersweet in Armory Square. Check their Facebook before you go for their daily specials because they might be offering the Chubby Monkey (pictured above). I know I can’t pass up a good chocolate chip banana walnut cake filled with Nutella, peanut butter frostings and fresh bananas.

Bluewater Grill

11 W Genesee St, Skaneateles, NY 13152 • (315)-685-6600

If your family wants to try a restaurant outside of the bounds of the Syracuse area, make the drive to Skaneateles and make a reservation for Bluewater Grill. Located right on the breathtaking Skaneateles Lake, the food is just as good as the view.

Make sure that at least one person in your party orders the lobster napoleon. This stacked salad of cucumbers, mango salsa, avocado, and lobster salad is almost too pretty to eat.

Collegetown Bagels

415 College Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850 • (607) 273-0982

graduation

Photo courtesy of cornellsun.com

On a sunny day during these coming weeks, grab your swimsuit and make the hour-long road trip down to the Ithaca gorges to go cliff jumping one last time. While you’re there make a quick stop at Collegetown Bagels (or CTB); Cornell University student’s go nuts for all 80 of their original sandwiches and you may even get lucky enough that they will name a sandwich after you.

Erawan Thai Restaurant

2724 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13224 • (315) 445-8152

graduation

Photo courtesy of dailyorange.com

Being voted Syracuse’s best restaurant for six years in a row, their food must be good. Large, flavorful portions of Thailand’s most authentic dishes are what Erawan is known for. Don’t be afraid to try new and different things when you come here, you definitely won’t regret it.

Heid’s of Liverpool

305 Oswego St., Liverpool, NY, 13088 • (315) 451-0786

graduation

Photo courtesy of syracuseguru.com

A true icon of Central New York, Heid’s is the quintessential meal of a hot summer day. Grab your friends and head over to this little stand in Liverpool for a great lunch. Don’t forget to order a ginger beer or chocolate milk to go with your hot dog and make a pit stop at the ice cream shop next door on your way back to the Hill.

Ironwood

145 East Seneca St., Manlius, NY • (315) 744-8740

graduation

Photo courtesy of ironwoodpizza.com

Dorian’s, Pudgies and Franco’s are all around fan favorites when it comes to pizza in Syracuse. Try something different and go to Ironwood for their wood-fired pizza–debatably the best pizza in Syracuse and nearly the only thing on their menu. Their Naples style pies with flour and tomatoes straight from Italy aren’t your typical $5 slices, but they are just as delicious.

Koinonia Organic Juice Bar & Cafe

124 Dell St. Syracuse, NY 13210 • (315) 741-6516

graduation

Photo courtesy of Jackie Barr

Try out the new juice bar and cafe on Westcott Street if you are feeling a little sluggish from a crazy night out or just in the mood to be healthy. Their menu consists of pure, fresh, healthful food and a number of organic juice and smoothie options. You will feel healthier with every bite.

Limp Lizard Bar & Grill

4628 Onondaga Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13219 • (315) 472-7831

A photo posted by Shawna Pace (@shawna_rp) on

Want to break the Dinosaur BBQ cliche, but still looking for good barbecue? Limp Lizard is just the place. There is always live music playing and you can’t go wrong with one of their local drinks on tap. Get your hands dirty with one–or multiple–of their mouth-watering dishes.

Lofo Syracuse

214 Walton St, Syracuse, NY 13202 • (315) 422-6200

graduation

Photo courtesy of LoFo

LoFo stands for Love Food Local Focus. This farm-to-table restaurant in Armory Square prides itself in sourcing their ingredients from regional farmers and creating a menu that celebrates all sorts of dietary preferences. From Blood Orange Stuffed French Toast to Carrot Dogs, LoFo is a healthy and exciting dining experience for all.

The Mission Restaurant

304 E Onondaga St., Syracuse, NY 13202 • (315) 475-7344

graduation

Photo courtesy of The Mission Restaurant

Housed in a historic former church and Underground Railroad stop, this casual but vibrant restaurant serves delectable Pan-American cuisine. The menu consists of a combination of some of the best Mexican, Southwestern, and South American specialties–definitely the best ones you can find in Syracuse. This is a must-do before graduation rolls around.

Mother’s Cupboard Fish Fry & Diner

3709 James St, Syracuse, NY 13206 • (315) 432-0942

A photo posted by j a d e (@realslimjadey_) on

There are only 36 seats in this small diner and you will definitely come out smelling like breakfast food, but it is all worth it once you have a meal from Mother’s Cupboard. They are best known for their frittatas and the pancakes that are the size of your face, so get there early on a weekday morning to beat the crowd.

Pasta’s Daily Bread

graduation

Photo courtesy of Pasta’s Daily Bread

We all know and love Pastabilities, but their bakery right across the street offers afternoon pick-me-ups for when you just want a small portion. Sticking to their dedication to fresh, handmade foods, they offer simple and speedy daily specials including everything from soups to pizzas–but when it’s gone, it’s gone. Stop by on a Friday before graduation and try their grilled cheese and tomato soup–a personal hangover cure of choice.

Phoebe’s Restaurant

900 East Genesee St., Syracuse, NY 13210 • (315) 475-5154

graduation

Photo courtesy of Phoebe’s Restaurant & Coffee Lounge

This hidden gem is located across the street from Syracuse Stage and has some of the most delicious fine dining the area has to offer. Their menu changes seasonally but some of their staple items include the deep dish quiche, Tuscan penne, Phoebe’s salad and their classic creme brûlée. Phoebe’s is on the expensive side so make sure you stop by while your parents are still willing to pay.

Recess Coffee

110 Harvard Place, Syracuse, NY 13210 • (315) 410-0090

graduation

Photo courtesy of foursquare.com

If you are just looking for a place that isn’t Starbucks to sit down for some coffee and study for finals, try out Recess Coffee. Their team consists of a number of passionate roasters who only serve the best coffee. If you aren’t in the mood for coffee (or studying), pick up a game from the game closet, order yourself a warm York hot chocolate and enjoy the atmosphere.

Sakana-Ya Sushi

215 Walton St, Ste 100, Syracuse, NY 13202 • (315) 475- 0117

A photo posted by Teresa Sabga (@teresamarias) on

This flashy restaurant is the first and only sushi bar in Central New York to serve on a conveyor belt. Their extensive assortment of sushi, rolls and sashimi will be sure not to disappoint.

If you are looking for a more intimate dining experience, try out their sister restaurant next door; Namu. Either way, be sure not to miss half-priced sushi at either restaurant on Mondays.

Scotch N’ Sirloin

3687 Erie Blvd E, Syracuse, NY 13214 • (315) 446-1771

graduation

Photo courtesy of scotchnsirloinrestaurant.net

As the oldest steakhouse in Syracuse, Scotch N’ Sirloin is a true classic. You seriously can’t go wrong with their top notch steaks and seafood brought in straight from the waters near Boston. It is definitely a little pricey for a dinner with friends, so be sure to suggest this restaurant to your family as your final fine dining experience.

There you have it–Syracuse Spoon’s comprehensive guide for places to eat before graduation. Seniors, you have your work cut out for you, so start making plans to conquer all of these spots before you’re out of time. To all you juniors, sophomores and freshmen, the end comes quicker than you could imagine so get a head-start on this list–your taste buds will thank you.

If you need more recommendations for great places to eat, check these articles out: