Well it’s December now and you’ve been going to the same four bars every weekend for the past four months. Safe to say, it’s time for a change. Right across from Syracuse Stage (and on the Connective Corridor bus route) is a not so hidden treasure: Phoebe’s. Coming up on its 40th anniversary, this restaurant, coffee lounge and bar is a great find.

Phoebe's

Photo by Genevieve Pilch

Let’s start with the Coffee Lounge. Sometimes coffee places around SU can be overwhelmingly crowded (**cough, cough Starbucks**) so why not take a trip to Phoebe’s coffee lounge? With space to do homework, gourmet drinks, pastries and complimentary wi-fi, this is the place to get your work done. They also offer a coffee club card which you should definitely be taking advantage of.

Phoebe's

Photo by Genevieve Pilch

If you don’t want to travel so far to do your studying, stop by for lunch or dinner and you will not be disappointed. Ask anyone for a recommendation and they are sure to direct you to the Tuscan Penne or French Onion Gratinee. Two of their most popular items and for obvious reasons, but their specials are equally as mouth-watering. Just like with their coffee, Phoebe’s offers a lunch club card that is any broke student’s dream.

Phoebe's

Photo by Ashley Blume

Okay. Get ready. Here’s the best part. Phoebe’s runs a happy hour special that will make your wallet happy. From 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Monday through Friday, you can get a dollar off of all drinks at the bar, and with a great selection of adult beverages, you won’t be disappointed. Plus, having a glass of wine with their famous crème brûlée is a great way to treat yourself.

Phoebe's

Photo by Genevieve Pilch

So, the next time you are looking for a new place to do homework, get a great meal or drinks with friends, keep Phoebe’s in mind.