As the most important meal of the day, your breakfast should be nothing less than amazing. Finally, there is a way to achieve a filling and quick meal with five different recipes all served up on bread. These five breakfast toast and tartine combinations are not only easy, but delicious. 

The key ingredient to up your breakfast game is simple: bread! You can buy anything from whole grain to wheat or rye, but my favorite for a tartine is sourdough.

A tartine is a simple term for “an open faced French sandwich, especially one with rich or fancy spread.” I spoke with Chicago food blogger, Adam Sokolowski, also know on Instagram as adamsoko about the best toast and tartine combos, bread choices, and even cold remedies. 

The best tartine when you want something sweet:

strawberry, berry, sweet, jam
Torey Walsh

1. Pan fry bread with olive oil or butter

2. Spread on cream cheese

3. Apply sliced strawberries to cover the area of bread

4. Sprinkle with almonds

The simplicity of this toast is what makes it so great. With only three inexpensive ingredients, you're sure to stay full.

The best toast when you’re craving eggs:

toast, tomato, bread, cheese, vegetable, basil, lettuce, sandwich, salad
Jenny Georgieva

1. Fry an egg to your liking

2. Sauté a handful of spinach

3. Sauté a cup of tomatoes

4. Pan fry a slice of bread with olive oil

5. Place egg, tomato, and spinach on top of bread—and bam

A classic breakfast egg made a little more interesting by throwing sautéed spinach and tomatoes on top. Season with sea salt and pepper and you're good to go.

The best toast when you want to give into the avocado fad:

avocado, egg
Photo courtesy of Adam Sokolowski

1. Sauté the bread in butter or olive oil in a pan

2. Mash up the avocado with fresh basil

3. Add chili flakes, sliced radish, and a poached egg if you’re so inclined

4. Season with salt and pepper to taste

When it comes to bread, Adam says, "I like to use anything from Publican Bread. I think it's the best bread in the city."

We couldn't agree more. If gluten is not your thing, feel free to try a few alternatives as well.

The best tartine when you’re feeling under the weather:

garlic, vegetable, condiment
Emily Leung

1. Pan sear a slice of bread in butter or olive oil

2. Top with minced or chopped raw garlic

Adam says, "If you don't like garlic, I would not recommend doing that. If you do it’s still pretty biting, it does work and it’s delicious."

He also says garlic serves as an antibiotic proven to help fight off the onset of a cold.

The best toast when you want something with greens:

smoked salmon, cheese, salmon
Photo courtesy of Marissa Loutfy

1. Spread on a good amount of cream cheese

2. Layer on the lox

3. Drizzle with capers

4. Garnish with a spring mix, cucumbers, and tomatoes

There is no better combo when you are a lox fan. Adding in the spring mix and cucumbers gives you your daily dose of veggies.

Use these hacks or add whatever you have in your fridge that sounds like a good combo to you. Get creative and mix it up—the possibilities are endless!