More often than not, college students are two things, busy and broke. Tuition aside, life is expensive. Everything we do (or drink) costs money and trust me, I know that it's not as easy to mooch off your parents when you're hundreds of miles away. However, its not as hard as you think to make money in college.

For those of you short on cash and stretched for time, here are a few fool-proof, sometimes even fun, ways to make money in college without getting a real job. 

1. Rover.com: Dog Walking or Boarding

Rover.com is an online platform that matches dog owners with dog lovers. If you are missing your family pet or simply love furry friends, sign up for Rover and get paid to walk or board dogs, provide drop-in house visits, or even housesit.

Rover claims to be "a dog lover’s other best friend — second only, of course, to your dog." With the nation's largest community of pet sitters and dog walkers, Rover is the easiest way for pet parents to find and book pet care.

If you are looking to be a pet sitter simple pass a background check, write a biography, set your schedule, and wait for the requests to roll in.

2. Brand Ambassador

Brands are always looking for college students to market their products on campus. Rising brands such as Genies or Bumble search for connected and involved students to increase brand awareness and reach their target demographic.

More developed brands look for campus reps as well. ASOS, Apple, KIND, Mountain Dew, and thousands of other brands hire students to bring their brands to life on campuses across the country.

Although being a brand ambassador may require some work, this job provides flexible hours, lots of free swag, and a fun way to make money in college.

#SpoonTip: Want this "job"? Simply Google "(Enter your university name here) Brand Ambassador" and see what your campus has to offer.

3. Sell Your Plasma

Ah, selling plasma, an oldie but a goodie. If you have no fear of needles, haven’t traveled overseas or acquired any tattoos recently, donating plasma can be a fairly simple way to make extra money.

Although selling plasma may not be recommended by your doctor or the most riveting use of your time, a prick of a needle and about a hour of blood pumping guarantees you a whopping 50 bucks in your pocket. This may be a slightly questionable way of making money but hey, beggars can't be choosers, people.

Donating plasma is a worthy cause that helps other people as well as your pockets. Patients all over the world rely on plasma protein therapies to treat rare, chronic diseases. Google plasma donation to find a center near you. 

4. TaskRabbit

If you're a jack of all trades (and master of none), TaskRabbit may be the best way to get that cash. TaskRabbit, and other similar apps and websites, allow people to post day to day tasks and local go-getters to volunteer to do those tasks (for a price obviously).

Jobs include general handy work, moving and packing, home improvement, yard work, and tech support.

Whether it's puppies, brand promoting, donating plasma, or being a task rabbit that caught your eye (it was probably the puppies), one of these activities is bound to be a solution for your empty-wallet-syndrome. And why try just one when you can try them all?