College move-in is super stressful, and if you're anything like me, you've spent the whole summer prepping for it. Figuring out what to get for your on campus residential situation is hard, but with the following list, it doesn't have to be as hard as you think. 

First, let's start with dorm necessities. When you first move in, your new dorm will probably have furniture, but nothing else. It's on you to bring toiletries, sheets, and more than the basics that your school offers to you. Below, you can find some add ons to bring with you during move-in.

Lasko Cool Colors 20” Box Fan

While this product is exclusively at Walmart, Lasko's Cool Colors 20” Box Fan comes in Black, Blue and Purple and retails for $19.99. It is a 20 inch fan that features three quiet speeds, a weather-resistant motor, and utilizes a program called Save-Smart®, which means that it costs less than two cents per hour to operate. It's great to have for move-in when your new place is probably too hot from the summer heat. 

Mellanni Mattress Protector

Mellanni’s Waterproof Mattress Protector is a premium and waterproof mattress protector that's made out of cotton and will fit Tempurpedic, Ashley, Simmons, Sealy, Serta, Memory Foam Topper, New Age Mattresses in a Box and Waterbeds. The protector retails anywhere from $17 to $20 depending on size, and is hypoallergenic along with being machine wash friendly.

Mellanni’s Microplush Mattress Pad

If you're anything like me, you find campus beds to be super uncomfortable, which is why you need to get Mellanni’s Microplush Mattress Pad for move-in. Not only does it maintain its shape, is luxury-made and is super soft, but it's hypoallergenic, and retails anywhere from $25 to $35 depending on the size that you get.

Now that we've covered your basic room decor needs, let's talk about keeping your place clean. Nobody wants to live in filth, but your place won't clean itself. 

Tide PODS Ultra Oxi

At some point, you're going to need to do laundry; whether it's before, during, or after move-in. If you're lazy like me, you'll be grateful for Tide PODS Ultra Oxi. All you have to do is pop the pod in the laundry machine when doing laundry and you'll be good to go. A huge container retails for $11.99, which may seem steep, but it's really not.

Air Wick Essential Mist

Air Wick's Essential Mist has been created to help keep your dorm smelling clean for those days when you just don't want to properly clean it. The kit itself retails for $14.99 while the refill retails for $5.59.

Move-in (plus all that cleaning) gets to be tiring, and you're going to get hungry. The same can be said on a day to day basis when you're in class. Below, you can find some snacks to keep in your dorm or with you during move-in.

Del Monte Fruit and Oats

In short, this is an adult fruit cup that retails for $2.69, which makes it great for move-in in the sense that you get 400mg of Omega- 3s and 20g of whole grains in every serving. Each container has a serving of fruit, which equates to a half cup of fruit, making it a healthy move-in snack. Not to mention that they're a Product of the Year winner.. cough cough.

Universal Yums

Universal Yums is a subscription box service that delivers sweet and savory snacks, recipes and trivia from countries across the globe directly to your door starting at just $14/month. All you have to do is order a box to be delivered to your dorm every month and “travel” the world with your friends. Boxes range from $14 to $36 per month.

Lean Cuisine Origins

Lean Cuisine, as most of you know, provides us all with microwavable meals that are quick, cheap, and convenient. Retailing at $3.69 per meal, Lean Cuisine Origins is a new line of 14 meatless comfort recipes made with organic ingredients. New dishes include cauliflower as an alternative to mashed potatoes, lasagna layered with feta cheese and butternut squash, and two vegan options: Coconut Chickpea Curry and Sicilian-Style Pesto with Lentil Pasta.

Loacker Quadratini

Ok, these are basically heaven. Loacker Quadratinis are bite-size crunchy cubes that are light, crispy wafers enveloping four layers of smooth cream in a vast assortment of irresistible flavors. Flavor varieties include hazelnut, chocolate, vanilla, dark chocolate, lemon, coconut, raspberry-yogurt, cocoa & milk and blueberry-yogurt, along with ltalian Blends like Espresso, Tiramisu, and Cappuccino.

Welch’s Fruit Snacks

Hungry and lacking your fruit intake? No problem. For move-in, stock up on Welch’s Fruit Snacks Superfruit Mix. Retailing at $2.99 per 10 count box with .9ounce pouches, Superfruit Mix comes in a variety of shapes and flavors such as Pomegranate-Passionfruit, Starfruit-Kiwi, Dragonfruit-Blackberry, Acai-Blueberry and Gogi-Apricot.

Sparkling Ice + Caffeine

This extension is the brand’s first ever line of caffeinated products and is available in five delicious flavors including Black Raspberry, Blue Raspberry, Triple Citrus, Strawberry Citrus and Orange Passionfruit. Perfectly balanced with just the right amount of fizz, Sparkling Ice +Caffeine comes in convenient, easy to open 16 oz. cans and contains 70mg of caffeine, zero sugar, zero calories, antioxidants and vitamins, and comes in a convenient, easy open can format ($1.89 per can at retailers nationwide).

Ready to Drink McCafé Frappés

McCafé serves up some delicious coffee that you can drink on the go during move-in, on your way to class, or just sitting in the dorm. Coming in three flavors known as mocha, caramel, and vanilla and retailing for under $3 per 13.7 coffee bottle, McCafé Frappés are made with 100% Arabica coffee beans and blended with real milk, sugar, natural flavors, and other ingredients.

Now that you're all set in to move-in, go ahead and do just that; move-in, have fun, and put this semester in its place where it belongs. It'll be hectic at first, but in the end, it'll all be worth it.