Manhattan College, though in the Bronx, offers a vast variety of treats and eats like its neighboring Manhattan borough. Here are places within walking distance where you can recharge after an exhausting day of moving in. You’re going to need this food to charge your brain for the new semester.

Salvatore’s of Soho

Manhattan College

Photo by Allie Yamashiro

Popularly known as “Sal’s,” is a go-to Italian spot that never fails to satisfy. Have a filling portion of Pasta Fagioli and Caesar salad, Capellini Primavera (shown) or any of the other pasta and pizza offerings. And if you are feeling extra celebratory to start the new year after moving in, walk down the street to the liquor store and buy a bottle a wine for dinner. At Sal’s it’s BYOB! AKA the perfect pregame.

Greek Express

Manhattan College

Photo by Allie Yamashiro

First you will be mesmerized by the setting. You step into the restaurant and immediately feel like you are a few steps from the beautiful Greek shore. Then you’ll be greeted by the sweetest elderly Greek man who takes your order with the dearest of Greek accents. He will ensure that you will eat, and eat well. For something smaller but still filling, have a Gyro or Souvlaki sandwich. If you’re famished, a complete meal of Greek salad, pita bread and entree will fill you to the brim.

Yo-Burger

Manhattan College

Photo courtesy of Lyn Vasquez via Yelp

Yo, this place has frozen yogurt AND burgers. Sweet and salty, cold and hot, crunchy and creamy, this place hits all the flavor, temperature and texture opposites that you desire.

Pro tip: if you went to Sal’s earlier and want some fro-yo dessert, you can use your Sal’s receipt to get discounts at YoBurger.

Bronx Alehouse

Manhattan College

Photo courtesy of Megan P. via Yelp

This pub is a Bronx gem of both brews and burgers. If you are facing the age old dilemma of deciding between a burger or sandwich, have no fear. The Alehouse Burger is a monstrous combination of both beef patty, pulled pork, slaw and onion rings. They serve free popcorn too!

Liebman’s Kosher Delicatessen

Manhattan College

Photo by Allie Yamashiro

Kat’z Delicatessen in definitely a must see but if you’re all the way in the Bronx, save yourself a trip and head over to the equally tasty and much closer Liebman’s Deli. Any Kosher craving can be satisfied here.

An Beal Bocht Cafe

Manhattan College

Photo courtesy of Rony M. via Yelp

An Beal offers Irish fare like Bangers and Mash and Shepherd’s Pie and also traditional pub fare like sandwiches and burgers. This place is a cozy spot to enjoy a comforting plate of food. They even have live Irish music from time to time!