With never-ending deadlines, college pressure, irregular sleep schedules, and the constant hustle, where's the time for proper skincare? Plus, if all the savings haven't been spent on groceries, it probably was used up at the party on the weekend, and I don't know if it's just me but skin care products seem to be mad expensive these days. That's where DIY scrubs come in to save the day. 

Exfoliation forms a necessary aspect of daily skincare that most college students tend to avoid. It is one effective way of getting rid of the layer of dead cells accumulated on the surface of your skin that tend to make it look duller. Exfoliation not only aids in cleaning your skin but also ensures that moisturizers you use are absorbed properly. 

Like always, in the face of a problem, I turn to my mother and the mighty Google. It's way more convenient to make a scrub at home with only two natural, organic ingredients, and it's awfully cheap because you end up with a ton of scrub, enough to last you a week. In fact, there are a vast number of spa treatments that can be done at home or these 5 recipes for the perfect DIY pamper night. Here are my top 4 DIY two-ingredient scrubs to make in between the daily rush of life.

1. Sugar and Olive Oil Scrub

Karan Kapoor

An easy, and efficient method to use regular kitchen items to make a DIY scrub. Mix equal parts sugar and olive oil and voila! You can make a paste using brown sugar and olive oil in a mortar and pestle if you have the time. Running low on olive oil? No problem. You may use coconut oil, jojoba oil or even almond oil to make the same concoction. Sugar functions as a natural exfoliant and the oil will help restore moisture and glow. 

2. Coffee Powder and Milk

Karan Kapoor

Mix half a teaspoon coffee powder with one teaspoon of milk, stir well till it turns into a paste. Put it on your face and scrub-a-dub-dub! Coffee is a natural constrictor and helps to get rid of toxins, thus, promoting a smoother, healthier appearance. Milk is known to be a natural cleanser as well as a moisturizer. 

3. Bread Crumbs and Cream

Karan Kapoor

Probably one of my favorites, this scrub is easy and uses a daily grocery item, i.e. bread. Thanks to its rough, doughy texture, bread aids in exfoliating. Cream softens the skins, gives it a glow, and contains cleansing properties as well. 

4. Baking Soda and Water

Karan Kapoor

This scrub is particularly effective if you have acne. Baking soda functions as an antiseptic, therefore, fights off bacteria. To make a small amount of it, add 2 tsp of baking soda to 1 tsp of water and mix till you get a scrub texture. Apply it to acne-prone areas and wash after 15 mins or so. 

These DIY scrubs are not only constructive and convenient but also surprisingly fun and a great way to channel your creative energy. Plus, they're low maintenance because clearly, you do not need to go out of your way to buy ingredients. Similarly, these are some DIY face and hair masks for students on the go. Let every Saturday night be a self-care night now on!