And just like that, FROG week is over, classes have begun and Spoon JMU is recruiting. If you like food, pals & fun, you would be the silliest goose in the world NOT to apply to Spoon.

1. You’ll find some of your best friends

spoon

Photo by Paige Stickevers

First and foremost, Spoon JMU is a community of pals. Surround yourself with homies who like eating and taking pictures of food.

2. You can finally embrace your inner foodie

spoon

Photo courtesy of @midas_toch on Instagram

Have you shied away from being the most flamboyant foodie you could be? No more of that. Now you have an excuse to take as many food pics as your heart desires.

3. Professional skills, FTW

spoon

Photo courtesy of @spoon_jmu on Instagram

Whether it’s writing, photography, videography or marketing, Spoon allows you to channel your creative energy into something hella productive.

4. You’ll become closer with the HBurg community

spoon

Photo courtesy of @gillianmaedukoff on Instagram

In the past, Spoon JMU has worked closely with restaurants like Jack Brown’s and downtown staples like the Harrisonburg Farmer’s Market. Escape the JMU bubble and explore more of what the ‘Burg has to offer.

5. We eat all the time

spoon

Photo courtesy of @stickinthemud on Instagram

I kid you not. Our last meeting was at Kline’s because the flavor was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, so duh.

Make sure to check out Spoon at Student Org Night this Friday from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. and follow us on Instagram @spoon_jmu. Interested in applying? Check out jmu.spoonuniversity.com for more information. Bless up.