1. Stay Hydrated

It is important to stay hydrated when moving on from your ex. When going through a breakup, water can taste rather bland. Try drinks with electrolytes, like strawberry lemonade flavored Pedialyte or your favorite flavor of Gatorade. A childhood favorite like apple juice is also a great way to stay hydrated and keep your energy up. Not only drink your favorite drinks, also try having your favorite soup. Something easy to warm up in the microwave is Campbell's microwavable chicken noodle soup. It comes in an easy-to-microwave cup and it is ready to eat. 

2. Rest

Breakups are exhausting, let's be honest. Once you have shed your tears, make sure to get plenty of rest. From some soft cookies to indulging in cheesecake, make sure to take care of your dessert cravings. 

3. Exercise

Whether you go to the gym, run, or do yoga, exercise is a great way to get your mind off your ex. After you exercise, treat yourself to something delicious and healthy like a smoothie, açaí bowl, or simply your favorite fruit. If you're a Northeastern student, Playa Bowls is a great option on Huntington!

4. Find a Hobby

Try something new! Take that cooking class you have been wanting to take, or try a new dish the next time you go out to eat - a step out of your comfort zone is a step to becoming the best new version of yourself. It can be as easy as trying to make your own homemade chocolate covered strawberries. Or join a new group or club to immerse yourself in a new creative environment. 

5. Surround Yourself with Loved Ones

Family and friends are the best support systems to lean on. Opening up to those you love for support or advice is a great step to moving on. Watch some movies with friends and share cartons of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream. Or go out to eat with friends at new restaurants or your favorite fast-food place. 

For more Ben and Jerry's recommendations, check out this article