So it’s the final stretch of the school year. You have three final papers and twelve online exams due by the end of the week – and you’re hungry all the time from the energy you’ve burned. Your solution? Take a weekend off and go camping with some buddies. Only one problem: you have 4 dollars and don’t really want to go to the mountains due to your irrational fear of mountain ghosts (yes, I said mountain ghosts).

Well, we all know the real reason anyone wants to go camping is to eat s’mores over a fire. But, we also know it takes at least five s’more sandwiches to even begin to satisfy your hunger and your fixation for the delectable treat. Why not save the time, money, and clean-up that is camping and make a dang [s’mores] quesadilla?! The best part is you can eat it any time of the day! This s’mores quesadilla recipe combines a great taste of that camping life, with the freedom of taking it on the run wherever you may go.

S'mores Quesadilla

• Prep Time:6 minutes
  • Cook Time:6 minutes
  • Total Time:12 minutes
  • Servings:1 serving

• 2 8-inch flour tortillas
  • 2 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
Photo by Christopher Garcia

Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each tortilla.

GIF by Christopher Garcia

Sprinkle the chocolate chips, followed by the marshmallows, onto each tortilla.

GIF by Christopher Garcia

Carefully place one tortilla on top of the other tortilla and gently press down. Toast both sides of the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.

GIF by Christopher Garcia

Cool for 1 minute, then cut into fourths.

GIF by Christopher Garcia