When you have a sweet tooth what do you crave? A cookie? Or perhaps a cupcake? What if I told you, you can have two in one. This sugar cookie cupcake tastes exactly like a sugar cookie but obviously in cupcake form.

If you want to get a little crazier with theses cupcakes, add 3/4 cup of sprinkles to make them funfetti.They take under an hour to make from start to finish. I promise that these cupcakes will be gone within minutes of bringing them out to a party.

Sugar Cookie Cupcakes

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:18-20 mintes
  • Total Time:35 minutes

• 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup half n' half
  • 2 tablespoon cream cheese
  • 5 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 8 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4-5 tablespoon half 'n half
  • 2-4 food coloring, optional

­Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Mix in vanilla and eggs. In another bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.

Photo by Erin McEachern

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Add the half ‘n half and mix until completely incorporated.

Photo by Erin McEachern

Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling each liner about ⅔ full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until barely starting to brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely.

Photo by Erin McEachern

In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Mix in vanilla and add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until a spreadable consistency is reached. Stir in food coloring, one drop at a time until desired shade is achieved. Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Add sprinkles if desired. Store in airtight container.

Photo by Erin McEachern

Spread the frosting on the cupcake using a spatula or if you want to get all fancy use a piping bag and a large tip.

Photo by Erin McEachern