I enjoy eating sweets as much as anyone, but the fun part comes with making them. You get to eat any leftover batter, frosting, chocolate, or cream and “taste test” the mistakes that may happen along the way. If you do make mistakes they’re easily fixable anyways.

For this recipe, you get the benefit of scooping any extra orange cream into your mouth while munching on leftover honey cookies. The end product will look like a fancy cannoli, just in time for the summer season, and yes, you can tell your guests you came up with the idea, because you are a genius, creative baker.

Good luck and have fun. Remember it’s okay if you mess up, you get to eat the mistakes, and all the finished products if you desire.

Orange-Cream Filled Honey Crisps

• Prep Time:45 minutes
  • Cook Time:10-12 minutes
  • Total Time:55 minutes
  • Servings:20 servings

• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup powedered sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoon flour
  • 2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 orange
Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt the honey and butter in a medium saucepan, over medium heat.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Add salt and powdered sugar and whisk until combined.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Add flour and whisk until no lumps remain.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Transfer mixture to a small bowl and let it cool slightly for about 5 minutes.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Spoon about 1 teaspoon of mixture onto baking sheets. Continue to spoon teaspoons about 4 inches apart.

Place sheets in the preheated oven and bake until golden brown and small holes begin to form, about 10-12 minutes.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Remove baking sheets and let them cool until the cookies begin to firm up—about 2 to 3 minutes. Keep the oven on.

As the cookies cool, use a knife to separate any cookies that have melted together, and shape them into circles.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Peel one cookie at a time off the sheet and place over the handle of a wooden spoon. Hold cookie onto spoon until firm. Slide it off the handle and replace on tray. Continue with the rest of the cookies.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Zest orange. If you are not a zest expert, check out this how-to guide.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Whisk heavy cream, granulated sugar, and orange zest in a small bowl until firm peaks form.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Fill a quart sized resealable bag with the cream. Snip about a 1/4 inch hole in one of the corners.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger

Pipe cream into cooled cookies, squeezing into both sides of the cookies to ensure they are well filled. Serve immediately.

Photo by Hayley Hasberger