As college students, grocery shopping tends to be the last thing on our minds. We’ll stock our fridges up one day and then without realizing it, all the food seems to disappears a few days later. Then there are times when all we have to eat for dinner is a cheese stick. 

Since going out to eat isn’t always an option, here’s an alternative that I have found extremely helpful these past couple of months— AmazonFresh. They deliver your groceries directly to your front doorstep, you pick and choose what needs restocking, and then choose what time you want your food delivered. It’s that simple.

Not convinced yet? Here are a few more reasons why you should start using AmazonFresh:

1. The quality is just as good. or sometimes even better, than a grocery store.  

Eleanor Shaw

I was skeptical at first. I thought I could only get nonperishables, so what’s the point. However, after drinking the milk and eating the eggs that came out of the green AmazonFresh bags, I had a change of heart. Their food is indeed fresh— including their vegetables, fruits, and meats.

2. You can skip the long lines at the grocery store.

Eleanor Shaw

Not only do you get to skip lines, you can also skip the tempting packs of gum, candies, and magazines that are very strategically placed in order to get you to spend that extra cash on something you may not really need.

3. They have “Doorstep Delivery” and “Attended Delivery.”

Photo courtesy of AmazonFresh

For “Doorstep Deliveries,” you do not need to be present at the time of delivery. Amazon will leave your groceries on your front doorstep at the delivery time you selected. However, if you choose “Attended Deliveries,” you must be present in order to receive your groceries.

4. Your eggs will not crack!

Eleanor Shaw

I know what you're probably thinking, ordering eggs online? I was skeptical at first; however, after opening up my first few deliveries and realizing that not a single egg had been cracked, I knew I could trust AmazonFresh.

#SpoonTip: Although, most recently, I ordered a half dozen eggs and found one of the eggs completely cracked... This is the first time out of many that this has ever happened before, so the statement above is not 100 percent accurate.

5. The quality is just as good. 

Photo courtesy of techcrunch.com

For an annual membership fee of $300, AmazonFresh products are pretty reasonably priced. Compared to Costco and Trader Joe’s, AmazonFresh is a little bit more expensive, but they do have a wider selection including organic meats and pasteurized eggs. Having said that, you can’t get everything you see at your local grocery store from AmazonFresh.

6. It’s easy to use.

pizza, chicken
Photo courtesy of Amazon Prime

The layout is the same as if you were ordering a book or a new phone case. Search the product in the search bar and click the correct product, size, and add to cart. 

7. Your frozen foods will stay frozen.

Eleanor Shaw

While eggs come with grey padding to keep them from breaking, ice cream—and various other frozen foods—comes packaged with lots of dry ice. The ice cream was frozen solid when it arrived. 

This is perfect for those days when you just want to go straight home, change into your pajamas, and kick it on the couch eating a tub of Ben & Jerry's "The Tonight Dough" and watch your favorite Netflix show. AmazonFresh makes this easy to do.

Give online grocery shopping a try. It might just be your favorite past time—next to online shopping, that is.