Election years are always entertaining. With 14 candidates this year, it’s been a whirlwind of .gifs and Facebook buzzwords. Since we know you’re watching the presidential debates, we made this bipartisan drinking game to last you into November. You’ll need a glass of wine, a beer, or a mixed drink, and a bottle of your favorite hard liquor.
Now it’s time to begin watching, good luck!
Take a sip if:
- A candidate says, “Can I reply to that?”
- All of the candidates begin talking over each other.
- Anyone mentions Cruz’s birthplace.
- A candidate talks about gun control.
- Hillary Clinton panders to younger voters.
- Someone complains about not getting as much time to speak.
- Anyone mentions a former #POTUS.
- Trump and another candidate get into an argument.
- Cruz talks about “the bad guys.”
- Rubio mentions immigration.
- Bernie talks excessively with his hands.
Refill your drink if:
- You can’t tell if Ben Carson is awake or sleeping.
- Bernie declares war on Wall Street.
- Trump talks about “The Wall.”
- Someone mentions their military service.
- Chris Christie mentions New Jersey.
- The candidates give Trump a funny nickname.
Do a shot if:
- 2 or more candidates are twinning.
- Hillary’s emails are talked about (see also: Benghazi).
- Bernie vs. Hillary: The Data Files comes up.
Chug your drink when:
- Someone talks past their buzzer – drink until they stop.