The avocado, aka the fruit and superfood that is potentially more famous than Justin Bieber's remix of Despacito, has been engraved in our hearts, our minds, and now, our diets. Pictures of avocado toasts, avocado roses, and basically avocado on anything floods my social media every time I refresh it. I will admit that even I have a sticker of an avocado (a present from my roommate) on my Erin Condren planner, by which I live. And, of course, I am guilty of Instagramming a few avocado pictures here and there. But, for real, what’s all the fuss about? Why are avocados becoming so important and why are there so many avocado recipes out there?

To begin, avocados offer a variety of different nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and healthy fats. They have been known to decrease the risk of heart disease and aid in weight loss. Plus, they are absolutely delicious, versatile, and satiating, so what’s not to love? Now, let's get to it. Here is a list of fifteen recipes you can make with an avocado. 

1. Avocado Toast

cheese, toast, egg
Lissane Kafie

There is no doubt that avocado toast has taken over, and has very easily become a new favorite for many people. You can never go wrong with avocado toast for any time or meal of the day. It's quick, easy, absolutely delicious, and healthy. All you need is a slice of bread, topped with avocado, and your choice of garnishing such as feta cheese, chives, chia seeds, etc. Crack an egg on top and you have yourself the ultimate breakfast. 

2. Guacamole

avocado, herb, vegetable, guacamole

I’d be lying if I told you that I can contain myself when I get my hands on a bowl of guacamole and a bag of chips. The best part about making homemade chips and guac is that you avoid the line at Chipotle and you get the satisfaction of knowing your guac is freshly made. Spread it on tortilla chips, your favorite sandwiches, burritos, or even add it on top of your salad for a creamy topping.

#SpoonTip: Add guac to your sandwiches as a healthy alternative to mayonnaise. 

3. Avocado Egg

egg, egg yolk
lauren feld

Why stick to the basic egg in a pan when you can use an avocado and add nutrition and creativity to your next lazy morning breakfast? Upgrade your morning eggs and bake them in avocados. I promise you will never want to go back. 

4. Tuna Stuffed Avocado

avocado, tuna, cucumber, rice
Olivia Chadwick

Now you've learned about baked eggs in an avocado, but why stop there? Make a tuna bowl out of an avocado and you've got yourself a low-carb lunch. It's easy, quick, protein-packed, full of healthy fats, and rich in vitamins and minerals. 

5. Vegan Avocado Brownies

cake, brownie, cookie, chocolate
Reed Erickson

Forget about making brownies straight out of a box ever again. With this brownie recipe, you’ll get the best of both worlds. I dare say, these vegan avocado brownies may just be better than the real thing. 

6. Avocado Chicken Salad

This is an easy switch up to your classic chicken salad sandwich. Forget about ever using mayonnaise again; you will never want to go back after trying it with avocado. Add nuts for a protein boost and fruit for a sweet finish. Eat it on its own, on a bun, a wrap or on a bowl with salad. 

7. Cucumber Avocado and Tomato Salad 

onion, cucumber, pepper, tomato, lettuce, vegetable, salad
Sydney Toth

Easy, juicy, vibrant, and fresh. This cucumber avocado and tomato salad encompasses the best of summer flavors in one serving. It doesn’t get better than this. Pack it up in a plastic container and take it with you to your next outing

8. Avocado Smoothie

berry, yogurt, smoothie, blueberry
Jessica Farber

Adding avocado to your smoothies adds a certain creaminess that bananas, or any other fruit or vegetable for that matter, only dream of doing. Make your breakfast smoothie game strong by adding avocado next time, and don’t forget to Instagram it! 

9. Avocado Chickpea Salad

egg, sandwich, avocado
Kaitlyn Thayer

Vegan or not, I guarantee this avocado chickpea salad will hit the spot for you. It is the perfect combination of healthy fats and a plant-based source of protein with the chickpeas, while being deliciously creamy and chunky at the same time. Spread it on bread and top it with spinach to get the perfect sandwich that your coworkers will be drooling over.

10. Avocado Pesto

oil, pesto, garlic, vegetable, herb
Kristine Mahan

5 ingredients and a blender or the good old Magic Bullet are all you need to make this tasty avocado pesto. For the days that you miss your mother’s cooking, or you’re simply craving a good homemade pasta, this avocado pesto recipe is just what you need.

11. Egg, Bacon, Cheese and Avocado Brunch Ring 

bacon, pizza, chicken, cheese, hot dog
Caitlyn Heter

Egg, bacon, and cheese already make the ideal breakfast. Add avocado to it and you’ve reinvented a breakfast sandwich for your next brunch gathering, or for your own indulgence any time of the day for that matter. 

12. Avocado Cilantro Dressing

vinaigrette, salad dressing, spinach, herb, vegetable
Rebecca Fu

Five minutes is all it takes to make this fresh, creamy, too-good-to-be-true avocado cilantro dressing. It is perfect as a salad dressing, on a sandwich, wrap, or even to dip chips in. Whatever the occasion may be, this avocado cilantro dressing recipe will be there to save the day. 

13. Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies

cake, bread, chocolate, sweet
Gloria Suarez

Now, you may be asking how in the world someone in their right state of mind is going to mix avocado and chocolate chip cookies and make it into something acceptable. But do not disregard this recipe until you’ve tried it. A vegan alternative to an all-time American favorite, this recipe incorporates the healthy fats in avocados and makes a dessert out of them. 

14. Avocado Fries

Crunchy and delicious, avocado fries offer a slightly healthier alternative to your starchy french fries. Eat them as a snack, dip them in some ranch dressing, or add them into your sandwich, salad, or wrap for a little crunch. 

15. Avocado Burger

And, of course, I saved the best for last. Avocado burgers are filling up our social media feeds and not only do they look completely adorable, but also absolutely drool-worthy. Ditch the bun and get to cutting the avocados. Avocados replacing burger buns are revolutionizing the way we eat our burgers. I would go as far as saying that this is the mother of all avocado recipes.

Fifteen avocado recipes may seem like a lot, but why stop there? This superfood is filling up our social media and our bellies, and I don’t know about you, but I’m loving it. So, what are you waiting for? Start cutting the avocados!