Nothing says springtime like a blanket spread out over a stretch of beautiful green grass and a wicker basket propped open revealing chilled beverages and gourmet finger sandwiches — but as a college student you probably don’t have all of these picnic “essentials.” Don’t worry, below are a few simple recipes for a picnic that can fit in your backpack.

Appetizer: Caprese Skewers
Simmer down your ravenous stomach with a skewered version of the Italian salad. Just stack fresh mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes and basil leaves on a skewer or toothpick and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.

Main Course: Toasted PB & J
Bring out your inner kid by toasting bread and generously spreading peanut butter and jelly. For a crunchy, salty kick, add a layer of potato chips.

Dessert: Strawberries and Cream
Take advantage of seasonal fruit and add berries to your dessert. Slice strawberries in half and stick them on toothpicks. Then
dip in Cool Whip to finish your picnic on a sweet note.

On the Side: Ranch Dip
Combine 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 packet ranch dressing mix in a large bowl and stir until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before eating.