There comes a time in life when you realize you need to adult and utilize your kitchen at some point or another. This is also true if you just moved into an apartment and don't have a clue as to how this whole cooking and baking thing works. That said, here's a list of 2-ingredient recipes that are so super simple a three-year-old could make them with you in your kitchen. Don't fret about cooking elaborate meals and focus on getting yourself in the kitchen to test the waters. 

1. Applesauce

apple, meat, sauce, beef, vegetable, pork
Kendra Valkema

This applesauce recipe comes in handy for fall, when it's appropriate to go apple picking. It's fabulous since it's healthy, and it makes for a great substitute for oil in baking recipes. The best part is, you only need apples and cinnamon. 

2. Pancakes

pancake, oatmeal
Caty Schnack

With this pancake recipe, you only need two eggs and a banana in order to make your pancakes, which is why it's so fabulous. If your doctor asks if you're eating your fruits and veggies, you can say yes, thanks to these pancakes. Mind blown.

3. Pumpkin Cookies

chocolate, mint, peppermint, brownie
Scotti Morris

Pumpkin has made its yearly comeback, and can now be easily made and consumed with these pumpkin cookies

4. Nutella-Stuffed Waffles

chocolate, cream, syrup, pastry, sweet, cake, waffle
May Sullivan

Given that breakfast is deemed as the most important meal of the day, making these waffles can't hurt. This recipe is great because it only requires Nutella and biscuit dough, counts as breakfast, and takes 20 minutes to make. 

5. Edible Chocolate Bowls

Out of all of the 2-ingredient recipes on this list, these chocolate bowls have to be the most unique. I say that because the only real food item that the recipe calls for is chocolate, and it uses water balloons. Chocolate is a delicious food group, and no one is ever too old to use water balloons.

6. Peanut Butter Fudge

pumpkin, caramel, butter, peanut, peanut butter
Julianne Zech

Peanut butter is great and all, but sometimes I just bear to eat it with jelly. This peanut butter fudge recipe is basically straight peanut butter, but is easier to than it is straight from a jar.

7. Nutella Popsicles

milk chocolate, goody, cream, sweet, milk, candy, chocolate
Kristi Cook

Popsicles are great for when you want something to cool you off or when you have a sore throat. What's so delicious about this popsicle recipe is the fact that it's chocolate milk on Nutella, which means that it's basically chocolate on top of chocolate.

8. Mac 'n Cheese Pies

pasta, cheese
Clare Beatty

The fact that this is basically mac 'n cheese in sandwich formation makes this mac 'n cheese pie recipe the ultimate snack. Mac 'n cheese is something that we all grew up loving, and the fact that there's a 2-ingredient recipe that's so easy to make is amazing.

9. French Palmiers

butter, dough, chocolate, cinnamon
Sydney Tenholder

French Palmiers are delicate cookies made from puff pastry. Puff pastry is a hassle to make yourself, so use this easy palmier recipe instead.

10. No-Bake Chocolate Cake

The fact that this no-bake chocolate cake is just two ingredients and only takes three minutes to make in the microwave is a godsend for those late-night study sessions.

11. Icebox Cake

cake, chocolate, sandwich, cream, cookie, dough, ice, ice cream
Kaitlyn Thayer

Cookies and cream is arguably one of the best combos of all time. This 2-ingredient ice box cake recipe is the perfect excuse to buy another packet of cookies.

12. Dulce de Leche Rice Krispies 

Alex Furuya

One of the good things about Rice Krispies treats is that they're insanely versatile. They were popular as a lunch snack in elementary school, but these dulche de leche Rice Krispies makes this dessert a little more adult.

13. Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream

Katherine Carroll

The ingredients used in this banana ice cream recipe (bananas and peanut butter) are both super healthy for you. For an extra health boost, add some fresh fruit on top.

14. Vita-Wine

sweet, tea, alcohol, juice, wine
Kai Huang

I wouldn't actually recommend having a toddler try to make this since it contains wine. This Vita-wine recipe is a mix of Vitamin Water and wine. It sound a bit odd, but it the added hydration and vitamins might prevent you from having a hangover the next morning.

15. Mini Nutella Pizza

brownie, strawberry, chocolate
Kristin Soltis

Ridiculously easy to make, these Nutella pizzas will give you a reason to use any leftover Nutella that you may have laying around. If you have fresh fruit lying around, throw some on top for a burst of fresh flavor. 

16. Pizza Crust

onions, mushrooms, crust, mozzarella, pepperoni, sauce, cheese, pizza
Lauren Kruchten

One of the best parts about pizza is the crust. If I told you that you could make a 2-ingredient pizza crust at home using yogurt and self-rising flour, would you believe me? This recipe also explains how to substitute all-purpose flour for self-rising in case you don't have any.

17. Watermelon and Lime Ice Pops

candy
Anya Barel

Don't limit yourself to enjoying these ice pops only in the summertime. Make a big batch while watermelon is in season and enjoy year-round. 

18. Chocolate Croissant Waffles

cream, waffle, cookie, cake, pastry, chocolate, candy, sweet
Kristi Cook

This croissant waffle recipe takes chocolate chip waffles to the next level. You won't need to drizzle any maple syrup on top of these because they're so sweet already. 

19. Oreo Bark

cream, pastry, cake, candy, goody, chocolate, sweet
Katie Elliott

This Oreo bark is the ultimate cookies and cream treat. This would be perfect as a potluck dessert because you can make a lot of it without spending much money. 

20. Coca-Cola and Red Wine (Kalimotxo)

Skyline, City, Coca-Cola, coke, soda
Tess Tarantino

While most people wouldn't consider mixing soda and red wine with one another, this is actually great for anyone who can't stomach a full glass of wine. The Coke weakens the drink, making it more tolerable for people who aren't fans of the taste of alcohol. Don't believe me when I say it's good? Coke and red wine, or kalimotxo, is a popular drink in Spain. 

21. Affogato

milk, cream, cappuccino, espresso, coffee
Shizuka Tei

The vanilla ice cream perfectly complements the espresso in this affogato recipe and makes for a rich and creamy dessert. 

22. Jolly Rancher Vodka Shots

Alex Furuya

For those that are 21+, please enjoy these Jolly Rancher shots responsibility. You'll have to wait 48 hours for the vodka to dissolve the candies, but the blue raspberry flavor is worth the wait.

23. Rainbow Fudge Pops

Emmy Daniels

These rainbow fudge pops allows you to experiment with an array of colors, so let your inner Picasso shine. If you don't like artificial food coloring, just leave it out.

24. Ice Cream Sandwiches

cake, cookie, cream, sandwich, ice cream, ice
Julia Hedelman

Ice cream sandwiches are an amazing dessert, but they can be upwards of $5.50. This ice cream sandwich recipe lets you make four sandwiches for cheap. 

25. Espresso Milkshakes

This espresso milkshake recipe is like an affogato, but with four times the ice cream. Don't drink this right before bed, or else you'll be bouncing off the walls.

Learning how to cook can be a long and challenging process, but these 2-ingredient recipes guarantee that you'll be fed and your kitchen will still be intact once you're done cooking. Start with the easy recipes and work from there. 

#SpoonTip: If you're craving something sweet, check out these 35 desserts that use five or less ingredients.