Imagine this: you've just moved into your first apartment and are all settled in except for the fact that your kitchen is empty. Since you're a foodie, this is super problematic. You need your food and you need it now. It's okay, fellow foodie. With the help of this first apartment checklist, I've got you covered with a bunch of kitchen supplies that you should head out and purchase for your apartment.

1. A major fridge

tea, coffee, yogurt, green tea, water, chocolate, milk, strawberries, sweets, midnight snack, fridge, mini fridge, refrigerator, juice, orange juice, hoard, Hungry, store, storage, snack
Denise Uy

Of course this is the first item on this first apartment checklist. Why? Because all of your food and drinks are in need of a home to keep them safe from everyone else while you're away, which is where a fridge comes into play. 

2. A mini fridge

tea, beer, coffee
Collette Block

Keep this mini fridge in your room in your apartment. Store all of your good wines, liquor, and food items that only you and you alone can have. Why? Because your name is now Joey and you don't share food or alcohol. It also comes with a freezer and microwave just for you.

3. A functional microwave

coffee, beer, tea, beans
Leanna Smith

You want leftovers and don't want to waste a lot of time warming them up. What do you need? A microwave.

4. An oven

cheese, milk
Annie Pinto

Go ahead, make this recipe. I dare you. Bet you can't do it without an oven.

5. A dishwasher

Your dishes need to be washed at some point or another, and you'll probably be too tired to wash them all, which is where a dishwasher comes in.

6. Measuring cups

Nobody has the time to measure everything out themselves, which is where measuring cups come into play.

7. Labeled measuring spoons

When a recipe needs you to measure things, you probably just nod your head and hope that you're not messing up the recipe. Measuring spoons just want to help you out.  

8. A Blender

juice
Christin Urso

If you don't have a blender, how are you supposed to make your morning smoothie? More importantly, how are you going to make any of these recipes without a blender?

9. Real people cups

tea, coffee
Kaitlyn Thayer

Plastic cups are great and all, but they're wasteful. 

10. Real people forks, spoons, and knives

wine, coffee, alcohol
Jordan Burns

When cooking food in your apartment, plastic utensils just won't cut it anymore. They'll stab you in the wrist and then break on you, so they're pretty unreliable. Invest in some real people utensils that'll love you for you. 

11. Plates

vegetable, cheese
Marie Chantal Marauta

Plates are key for eating off us since they're the home to our food. 

12. Wine glasses

wine, champagne, alcohol, toast, beer
Jaime Wilson

As we go through life, we find ourselves needing more alcohol than we did when we were in college, which is why we need to upgrade the glasses that we hold our alcohol in. Long gone are the days of baby shot glasses and here are the days of filling our wine glasses up to the top and then drinking out of them.

13. A bottle opener

beer, salt, pepper, coffee
Kathleen Lee

There are several uses for bottles. We can drink from them, or use them as pretty decorations around the house, or as the future homes to plants. In order to do any of those things, we need to open them (duh). Don't use and risk breaking your keys like me (sorry, mom). Be an adult and use a bottle opener to open your bottles. 

14. Coffee mugs

coffee, cappuccino, espresso, milk, mocha, cream
Alex Frank

Everyone needs caffeine, and that's where coffee comes in. Plastic and paper cups just won't cut it, but coffee mugs will help keep your hands warm. 

15. Pots and pans

coffee, kettle
Katherine Baker

Pans are for eggs and pancakes. Pots are for hot things. You need both because eggs, pancakes, and warm things are all essential food groups on the food pyramid. 

16. Big baking bowls

vegetable, cheese, dairy product, tomato
Emma Lally

How else do you think you're going to become Betty Crocker 2.0 if you have nothing to bake with? Yeah, that's what I thought. Get some bowls.

17. Colander 

pasta, spaghetti
Alex Frank

How else will you drain your spaghetti? 

18. Coffee maker

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, mocha

Coffee makers have one job and one job only, and that's to make your coffee for you. Most people can't live without coffee, which is why having a coffee maker is necessary.

19. Water filter

water, alcohol
Liz Pope

While this is unnecessary to have, some people just really want their water to be filtered.

20. Toaster oven

toast, wheat, bread, butter, sandwich, french toast
Aakanksha Joshi

You might be one of those people who can't live without toast, in which case a toaster oven is essential. Also, you might want to try these 17 toaster oven recipes out.

21. Wine

wine bottle, pouring, wine, mason jar, white mine, white wine, pouring wine, wine bottle pour mason jar

After moving into your apartment, you'll want to treat yourself with some wine. Because, wine not?

Hopefully, most of these items are on your first apartment checklist for when you move into your apartment. All of these things are very important and can't be forgotten about.