Stunned by the recent change of booze-related events on Dartmouth’s campus? I am sure you have all been looking for innovative ways to get drunk, if you are 21+ of course. For those of you under 21, just make yourself mocktails in the dining hall and pretend you feel something.

I myself have been frantically checking the alcohol content of my favorite drinks, trying to improve my pong follow-through (more important than ever this spring), and wracking my brain for new concoctions. Beer and lemonade? Or maybe sangria? I even Googled “under 30-proof alcohol” to see what I could find. It wasn’t pretty.

But then I had a flashback to a genius creation a friend once made for me. And all it takes is Vitamin Water and white wine. My initial reaction to her idea: “Ew, no.” But one sip and I was hooked. Refreshing and Moving Dartmouth Forward-approved, this is sure to be the drink of the season.

Easy

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes

Servings: 1

1 bottle Vitamin Water (I like the Essential flavor, but the lemonade flavor works just as well)
White wine
A classy wine glass (or really any liquid-holding container, like a Solo cup or your hands)

drink

Photo by Edom Wessenyeleh

1. Fill ¾ of your wine glass with white wine.

drink

Photo by Edom Wessenyeleh

2. Fill the rest of the glass with Vitamin Water. Pro tip: for our fancier readers, add a splash of club soda or seltzer to make it a Vita-Wine spritzer.

drink

Photo by Edom Wessenyeleh

3. Mix and enjoy!

drink

Photo by Edom Wessenyeleh

Don’t like Vitamin Water or prefer red wine? Check out these other awesome #MDF-friendly ideas: