When it comes to a midnight snack, pancakes are a great option. Something about eating pancakes at midnight just symbolizes life as a college student. But when it comes to late night pancakes, your options are often limited. To make things easier, here’s a recipe for you to make pancakes made with just two ingredients. Yes, two ingredients: bananas and eggs. Of course, you can jazz it up however you like- add chocolate chips, sliced strawberries, or even Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups if you’re feeling indulgent, but the base recipe is just banana and eggs.

Pancakes

Photo by Caty Schnack

Easy

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes

Servings: 1-2 (depending upon how hungry you are)

2 eggs
1 banana
Optional: ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla extract
Also optional: any additional mix-ins such as chocolate chips, berries, Reese’s, M&M’s, etc.

1. Start by mashing the banana on a plate until all of the chunks have been smoothed out.
2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, and add the mashed banana to the bowl (along with the cinnamon and vanilla extract and any additional mix-ins if you’re adding those as well).
3. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and pour the batter into the pan in small, pancake-like shapes.
4. Cook on a medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side, or until the pancakes start to brown to your desired color. They actually come out looking like real pancakes, as you can see above. And, of course, they taste great too!