Allow me to introduce to you the first and last banana ice cream recipe you will ever need. With only two ingredients, and a total prep time of under three minutes, this sweet treat will make all of your dreams come true.

Not only does this ice cream incorporate the best flavor combo of all time—peanut butter and banana, but it is also 100% guilt-free since it contains no dairy or added sugar.

While technically this tasty treat is not ice cream, its texture is so rich and creamy that it tastes just like the real thing. The secret ingredient to this show stopper? Bananas. This recipe is referred to as “nice cream” because it’s nicer to your body than actual ice cream.

banana ice cream

Photo by Samantha Sitt

This recipe is perfect for those who are vegan, lactose intolerant, allergic to other dairy alternatives, or just plain lazy.

banana ice cream

Photo by Samantha Sitt

Easy

Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 3 minutes

Servings: 1-2

2 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Optional: 2 tablespoons almond or soy milk

Directions:

1. Select two ripe bananas. Note: brown-ish bananas are totally acceptable for this recipe.

banana ice cream

Photo by Maddie Stein

2. Slice the bananas into small pieces. Your blender will thank you for this.

banana ice cream

Photo by Maddie Stein

3. Put the slices in a ziploc bag or container and place in the freezer for at least two hours. (To avoid the dreadful waiting period, freeze the bananas overnight so that they’re ready to go in the morning).

banana ice cream

Photo by Maddie Stein

4. Once the bananas are frozen, blend them with the peanut butter in a blender or food processor until the texture is smooth and creamy.

Here, you have the option to add almond or soy milk if you prefer a creamier consistency. Don’t panic if you don’t own a blender; mashing the mixture with a fork will do.

banana ice cream

Photo by Samantha Sitt

5. Pour contents into a bowl, add desired toppings (recommendations include shredded coconut, cacao nibs, honey, and berries), and enjoy.

Note that this ice cream is served as “soft-serve consistency,” so for those who prefer more firm ice cream, stick the contents back into the freezer until hardened.

banana ice cream

Photo by Samantha Sitt

Can’t get enough “nice cream”? You’re in luck—there are endless flavor options and variations when it comes to this recipe. Feel like going plain? Ditch the peanut butter. Chocoholic? Throw in some cocoa powder. Feelin’ fruity? Add in some berries.

Let your imagination run wild and feel free to add your own twist on this tasty treat.

Go bananas for these tasty articles: