I love crispy, crunchy fried food, but I’m not always down for the oil, mess, and time required to deep fry. After hearing all the air fryer hype from family, friends, Spoon colleagues, and the internet at large, I put the handy kitchen gadget at the top of my Christmas list this year.

The air fryer is so versatile and easily makes crowd-pleasing apps, solo snacks, big batch meals, and even dessert. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite air fryer recipes that will satisfy any eater, including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free favorites. Check out this complete list of Spoon’s favorite air fryer recipes to see how versatile the gadget can be, and kick off your 2024 with 20 new recipes for the new year.

1. Teriyaki Salmon by Love & Other Spices

This quick and easy air fryer Teriyaki Salmon is savory, sweet, and so flavorful, making it the perfect dish for busy weeknights. Paired with white rice and vegetables, this air fryer salmon makes a delicious, hearty meal in under 30 minutes.

2. Real Housemoms' Parmesan-Crusted Chicken

If you’re looking for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, look no further than this Parmesan-Crusted Chicken from the Real Housemom. With only 15 minutes of prep work and 15 minutes of cook time, this air fryer parmesan crusted chicken recipe is quick, delicious, and family-friendly.

3. Copycat Airfryer Blooming Onion by Upstate Rambling

The elusive Blooming Onion may look difficult to make, but really isn’t thanks to this air fryer recipe from Upstate Rambling. Once you learn how to cut the onion, it’s easy to make this fun, restaurant-quality appetizer at home to the amazement of your family and friends.

4. Spoon HQ’s Air Fryer Tortilla Chips

If you’re looking for a healthier take on a classic tortilla chip, these air fried tortilla chips embody all of the crunch with none of the oil and come together in under 15 minutes.

5. Tasty Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers:

Air fryer jalapeno poppers are so easy and unbelievably delicious with a spicy kick. These air-fried jalapeños are filled with cream cheese, bacon, and cheddar, making a great protein-packed appetizer for holidays, parties, or game days.

6. Air Fryer Bagels from Spoon HQ:

This air fryer bagel recipe only requires a few ingredients and features two nutrient powerhouses: oats for carbs and fiber and nonfat Greek yogurt for a protein punch. Though it may not be a traditional bagel, this quick and easy recipe yields a satisfying base for breakfast or lunch in just 10 minutes.

7. Colleen Christensen, RD’s Air Fryer Pizza Rolls

These air fryer pizza rolls are crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside, with the pizza flavor we know and love. These bite-sized homemade pizza rolls cook for just 10 minutes in the air fryer and are sure to be your new go-to snack.

8. Air Fryer French Fries by NYT Cooking

These air fryer French fries from New York Times Cooking are just as crispy and crunchy as regular fries, but they use far less oil. With just a few ingredients, they're an easy and delicious accompaniment to a burger or sandwich.

9. Crispy Air Fryer Tortellini by Bake Me Some Sugar

Fried tortellini is delicious, and this air fried take on crispy tortellini is perfect for an oil-free snack, appetizer, or even lunch option. It takes just four ingredients to make this air fryer crispy tortellini, which pairs perfectly with marinara sauce for dipping.

10. Crispy Crunchy Tofu Fries by Justine Snacks

You may recognize Justine from Spoon University’s OG Instagram Reel Round-Up or our list of Favorite Veggie Soups. Now, “Mother Snacks” is keeping it plant-based with a vegan recipe for tofu “fries” made in the air fryer, ensuring they live up to their crispy, crunchy name.

11. Food Network Kitchen’s Air Fryer Acorn Squash with Brown Butter

If you're looking for a hearty and healthful side dish, consider this acorn squash from Food Network Kitchen. This meal is low on oil thanks to the air fryer but full of cozy vibes thanks to a sprinkle of Parmesan and a drizzle of brown butter on top.

12. (Air) Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower by Living Locurto

This simple recipe for buffalo roasted cauliflower is a simple way to get your veggies in and turns out perfectly crispy in an air fryer. Served hot or cold, this healthier version of fried cauliflower is full of flavor and one recipe you’ll be making on repeat.

13. Gluten-Free Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan by Mommy Hates Cooking

Never worry about what to make on Meatless Mondays again. Regardless of diet, this hearty Eggplant Parm from Mommy Hates Cooking is the perfect comfort meal and will satisfy any meat lovers and vegetarians alike.

#SpoonTip: Use dairy-free cheese, a plant-based oil, or non-stick spray to make this gluten-free meal vegan, too.

14. Air-Fried Trader Joe’s Frozen Burritos:

This entry from Half-Scratched may be cheating, but we’d be remiss not to include a step-by-step on how to reheat a frozen TJ’s classic. Simply set your air fryer to 400°F, and flip the burritos halfway through to have crispy – not soggy – burritos.

15. Paula Deen’s Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks

No need to sacrifice the crunch in favor of an Instagrammable cheese pull. These air fryer mozz sticks make the perfect crispy appetizer for a crowd in less than 30 minutes – or snack on them all to yourself.

16. Cinnamon Rolls by Air Frying Foodie 

Upgrade your Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls by cooking them in the air fryer. This recipe for cinnamon rolls is flavorful, easy to follow, and a crowd pleaser, and only requires one ingredient: a package of pre-made Pillsbury cinnamon rolls.

17. Air-Fried Whole Chicken

Ever wonder how to cook a whole chicken? Forego the grocery store rotisserie (shoutout Costco), and buy your bird raw before following these simple steps for enough meat to last the whole week. It’s the perfect start to Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, Chicken Empanadas, or BBQ Chicken Pizza.

18. FoodBanjo’s Air Fryer French Toast Sticks

Air fryer French toast sticks are crispy, delicious, and coated in cinnamon and sugar. Top them with powdered sugar or syrup, or eat them plain for a quick grab-n-go breakfast. Plus, they are also so easy to make ahead and freeze for later – just make a big batch and enjoy French Toast Sticks for months.

19. ElaVegan’s Air Fryer Falafel 

Enjoy this traditional falafel recipe with a twist: ditch the deep-fryer in favor of an air fryer for falafel with a tender center and crispy outer shell. Plus, this recipe is gluten-free, vegan, high-protein, and perfect for meal prep.

20. Air Fryer Cookies:

Is there anything better than a fresh, warm chocolate chip cookie? This recipe for Air Fryer Cookies ensures a soft and gooey inside with a crispy exterior, making what is arguably the perfect cookie in just seven minutes.