Buying an air fryer was undoubtedly the best decision of my life. Learning how to make homemade bagels in the air fryer in less than ten minutes was the second. 

My little air fryer has seriously CHANGED the way I cook, adding a whole new dimension to the way foods can be prepared. It cooks foods relatively fast and gives them a much more even cook than the oven. I prepare anything from vegetables to gnocchi meat in it. One morning of intense bagel cravings and a curiosity for what more my air fryer could do led to the birth of a healthier version of a homemade bagel in the air fryer in less than ten minutes. This is now one of my favorite things to enjoy for breakfast (or any time of the day to be honest) as it is easy and fast to make, tastes incredible and is also super healthy.

This bagel recipe only requires a few ingredients, starring my personal favorite nutrient powerhouses: oats and nonfat Greek yogurt. Oats are an amazing source of carbohydrates and fiber, which helps with digestion and satiety. Greek yogurt is packed with high quality protein, which will leave you feeling full for hours. The use of these two ingredients sets this bagel apart from your typical "empty-calorie" bagel. making it an incredible way to start your day by providing you with energy and nutrients without the crash that typically accompanies simple carb consumption. The combination of oat flour and Greek yogurt as main ingredients makes a super satisfying and super healthy version of a bagel.  

I had been putting off experimenting with bagel making for some time now because I always though it to be super intimidating and would be mega complicated, yet this recipe is very simple. All you have to do is combine the oat flour (you can buy it or refer to this article if you want to learn to make your own) and thick, nonfat Greek yogurt along with any desired seasonings and then cook the bagel. 

Oat Bagel

• 1/4 cup oat flour
  • 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Egg Whites for brushing the top bagel
  • Everything but the Bagel seasoning
Neeve O’Reilly

Mix the oat flour, yogurt, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
    The mixture should be slightly sticky and hold together.

cream, milk, dairy product, sweet, coffee
    Christina Chin

Shape your bagel

bread, butter, wheat, bagel
    Allie Royce

Brush a small amount of egg whites over the top, then sprinkle on any seasonings or cheese you are using.

coffee, cream, sweet, espresso, custard

Put in the air frier at 350° for 10 minutes.

bagel, wheat, bread
    Julia Fuller

Another great thing about this recipe is all the different ways you can enjoy it. I love to turn it into a bagel sandwich by cutting it in half and adding your favorite fillers such as egg, bacon, cheese and avocado. Or you can simply enjoy it plain, with a side of eggs and sautéed spinach. Adding cheese to the top of the dough before cooking it will take the flavor to a whole new level. I have even made a sweet version with blueberry flavored Greek yogurt and chocolate chips. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe and please share your results if you try it!

Happy Bagel Creating :-)