Although the Bama Rush documentary was not all it was cracked up to be, there’s always Rushtok, the side of TikTok dedicated to sorority rush season. Lately, as people prepare for the start of a new college term, Rushtok has been filled with rush bag prep videos. For context, rush bags are an essential aspect of a pledge’s success during Rush Week. Given the nonstop aspect of the rush schedule, there is no time for you to head to the dining hall or back to your dorm to grab a snack. And, if you're like me and get hangry, you’ll want to take snacks in your rush bag. Because, remember, being hangry doesn’t help when you’re trying to make a good impression.

Smart Sweets

If you need something sweet to keep you going but don’t want the dental damage, then Smart Sweets is the treat for you. They have tons of options, including Sweet Fish, Peach Rings, Sourmelon Bites, Sour Blast Buddies, Fruity Gummy Bears, Gummy Worms, and Cola Gummies.

Mott’s fruit snacks and Kind Bars

@shelby.rose4 suggests fruit snacks and Kind Bars. Since I fall asleep when I’ve had too much sugar, this would not be my ideal snack. That said, it seems like a solid option if you’re really stumped for snack choices.

Skinny Pop, Skinny Pop, and more Skinny Pop

Almost every rush video that includes snacks mentions Skinny Pop as a sensational option. Because Skinny Pop has tons of flavors — Original, Aged White Cheddar Dairy Free White Cheddar, Salt & Pepper, Real Butter, Twist of Lime, Sweet and Salty Kettle, and Sweet Vanilla Kettle — you’ll be sure to find one that matches your taste buds’ energy.

If I pack a lunch, should it be fancy?

YES! If you’re planning on rushing a sorority, any meals you pack must match the vibrant aesthetic so commonly associated with sororities. That means including lots of beautifully-organized fruit with the occasional rose for visual purposes.

Hydrate!

According to an intern for a wellness company, you should pack “super-ade packets, emotional support water bottle (duh) and a little snack.” Sounds like @hellogolde supports a little beverage goblin action.

What a dietician recommends for your Bama rush bag snacks

Kendall Herman, a registered dietician, recommends snacking on applesauce, granola bars, bananas, oranges, bagels with peanut butter, fruit snacks, dried mango, trail mix, beef jerky, pretzels, and string cheese. Oh and stay hydrated! You need to bring a water bottle and keep refilling it throughout the day.