Summertime calls for colorful and refreshing fruits. What better fruit perfectly meets these requirements than mango? Mangoes are native to South Asia, especially India, Pakistan, and the Philippines. Thankfully, these beautiful and flavorful fruits are distributed and enjoyed worldwide.

Knowing myself and probably most of you reading this article right now, we have all had that moment where we look at a certain something, and, as if it were a work of art, a million ideas pop in our heads as to what to make with it. Mangoes are no exception, and so I began to brainstorm all the many possibilities and easy mango recipes that are ideal to enjoy this summer. 

1. Mango Ice Cream

sorbet, sweet, milk, ice, dairy product, cream
Amelia Weller

To start off this compilation of easy mango recipes, let me introduce mango ice cream. Creamy, smooth, and sweet all in one. Mango ice cream is the perfect dessert for a hot summer day, or for any day you’re craving the tropical taste. Vegan varieties, milk-free varieties, and sherbets are also an option with this super versatile fruit.   

2. Mango Lassi Popsicles

dairy product, milk, cream, sweet
Hui Lin

Three ingredients are all it takes to make these mango lassi popsicles. The Greek yogurt adds to the thickness and creaminess consistency of the popsicle while the mango adds a refreshing touch you need on a hot summer day. 

3. Mango Salsa

parsley, pineapple, cilantro, salsa, mango
Caroline Grew

A light and fresh twist to a classic favorite. Mango salsa is 10 times better than your average salsa (that is, if you are as big of a mango fan as I am). Pair it with tortilla chips for a perfect snack on your next summer BBQ or pool day. 

4. Mango Margarita

As much as I cannot stand tequila, margaritas are on the top of my list of favorite alcoholic beverages (after wine, of course). The fun thing about margaritas is you can take basically any flavor and make a new variation out of it. The same applies to this mango margarita recipe that lets you enjoy the bitterness of the tequila with the sweetness of the mango. 

5. Mango Mojito

A juicy mixture between the freshness of the mint, the sweetness of the mango levels out the kick of the rum. If you do it right, this sparkling drink will soon become one of many favorite mojitos perfect for the summer between your friends and family. 

6. Mango-Curry Grilled Chicken Salad

chicken
Kate Foody

This mango-curry grilled chicken salad will become the ultimate summer picnic food once you try it. Forget about the mayo, this recipe takes chicken salad to a whole new level. Using ingredients like Greek yogurt and mango chutney, this easy mango recipe is legit a taste of summer by the spoonful. 

7. Mango Basil Smoothie

juice, mint, spinach, herb, vegetable, basil
Carolyn Hsieh

Mango smoothies are delicious on their own, but add basil in it and you’ll have a fresh new taste that you won’t want to ever stop sipping. So sit back, soak in the summer sun, put some shades on, and sip on a mango basil smoothie, ‘cause summer doesn’t last forever.

8. Dried Mango

pineapple, sweet, apple
Hailey Nelson

Dehydrating fruit is a hobby for lots of people. Taking advantage of the fact that mangoes are a very juicy fruit, dehydrating them is a lot less messy way to eat them and you get to extend the longevity of it. This method also applies to apples, pineapples, strawberries, you name it! 

9. Mango-Curry Hot Wings

chicken, meat, chicken wings, sauce, pork, barbecue, beef
Taylor Wright

Sweet and spicy wings are a classic bar food favorite. However, take mango chutney, curry, and hot sauce and make these mango curry hot wings to create a different (but better) version and rekindle your love for sweet and spicy wings. 

10. Mango Cole Slaw

vegetable, meat, tomato, bun, cheese, lettuce, bread, sandwich
Miranda Reilly

What if I told you that there is such a thing as mango coleslaw? Now, what if I told you that they pair impeccably with vegetarian sliders? This vegetarian slider recipe with mango coleslaw will legit be your new veggie-friendly meal of the summer. 

11. Mango and Coconut Chia Seed Pudding 

A healthier alternative to your good old pudding with a tropical flare and nearly no time to make. The coconut and the mango pair nicely with the almond milk and chia seeds to make a healthier dessert option for the summer. Fill up mason jars and take them to your 4th of July BBQ.

12. Mango Jam 

jam
Mallini Kannan

Vegan, organic, and natural, this mango jam recipe is made with only three ingredients: mangoes, lemons, and sugar. My family swears by any fruit jam we can get our hands on, from raspberry to pineapple to red pepper jam. Jam is perfect for cooking, baking, or simply for topping pancakes, waffles, or toast. Jam it (quite literally) this summer with a homemade mango jam. 

13. Mango Raspberry Tofu Smoothie Bowl

straw, ice, smoothie, sweet, cocktail, juice
Abigail Wilkins

Tofu, you ask? Yes, tofu. Tofu is neutral in taste, thus it is a good alternative for thickening your smoothie and making it softer and creamier. It also adds protein to an already nutrient-filled meal. Plus, its consistency is perfect for adding fun and colorful toppings. Go on and try this smoothie bowl, I dare you.

14. Mango Kale Salad

oil, salad, broccoli, kale
Nicole Laszlo

Kale is considered a superfood in our society, but it is so “healthy” that it is intimidating to eat. Sometimes, I see kale and am tempted to buy it for the sake of eating healthy, but then I remember I don’t know how in the world to eat it. This mango kale salad is a good start to creating a good habit. And if you don’t end up liking it, at least you’ll have given it a try. 

15. Vegan Avocado Mango Smoothie

jug, milk, vegetable
Alan Yeh

Vegan and super easy to make, this vegan avocado mango smoothie blends two tropical fruits that are both utterly delicious and healthy. This recipe makes a great breakfast option, a good pre- or post-workout snack, or simply as a refreshment for the hot summer days. 

16. Black Bean and Mango Salad

cucumber, onion, pepper, tomato, vegetable, salad
Rose Gerber

Black beans and mangoes seem like an odd combination. However, both ingredients tossed around with creamy avocado, chopped onions, and red bell peppers makes a perfect summer salad. Another way to eat this salad is as a salsa served with tortilla chips. 

17. Cut It Up. Plain and Simple.

peach, sweet, mango
Lissane Kafie

To me, there is no better way to enjoy a perfectly ripe mango than cutting it up and eating it all on its own. Sometimes, if I’m feeling a little risky, I add tajin (a chili pepper seasoning) to spice up my mango. It makes for a juicy treat and a healthy snack.  

18. Tropical Fruit Salad

pineapple, mango, vegetable, sweet
Lissane Kafie

Tropical fruits have lots of things in common, such as their juiciness and color. All you need for this tropical fruit salad is to chop up pineapples, bananas, mangoes, watermelons, and papayas, toss them with a splash of freshly-squeezed orange juice, and add sugar to meet your taste buds. 

19. Sweet and Spicy Mango Salad Dressing

What better way to use up the mangoes sitting in your kitchen than to make a salad dressing? It is bikini season, after all. This sweet and spicy mango salad dressing is the perfect way to coat your salads and make getting your greens in slightly more amusing. 

20. Mango Mousse

Smoothly divine, this mango mousse recipe is a heavenly treat that will not disappoint you. Let this mango mousse steal the show at your summer barbeque this season. And with this, we conclude the long list of easy mango recipes I put together. 

Now it’s your turn to come up with more creative and easy mango recipes to enjoy throughout the summer. The sky is the limit with this super versatile fruit.