The temperatures are peaking around 90° F down South, and we all know summer is approaching fast. The first snack item that pops up when I think summer is popsicles. This is a healthy and easy popsicle recipe with a mixture of flavors. The tangy mango mixture and sweet yogurt gives a refreshing bite to help beat the heat. Best of all, there are only 3 ingredients.

Mango Lassi Popsicles

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 hours
  • Total Time:10 hours 15 minutes

• 2 Mangoes
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup plain simple syrup (3/4 cup sugar + 3/4 cup water)
Photo by Hui Lin

Simple Syrup:

Using a small sauce pot, bring the sugar, and water to a boil. Let simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool.

GIF by Hui Lin

Purée two mangoes, cut into chunks, with a tablespoon of simple syrup until the fruit is creamy.

GIF by Hui Lin

In a large measuring cup, add ½ cup of the Greek yogurt and the mango puree, mixing well. Then add ½ cup simple syrup to the mixture so that you have 2 cups total.

GIF by Hui Lin

In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup simple syrup. Place the yogurt mixture and the mango mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes. This will firm them up so that when you pour out the popsicles, these liquids won’t easily combine.

GIF by Hui Lin

Add the liquids to your popsicle mold, alternating between the mango mixture and the yogurt mixture.

GIF by Hui Lin

Freeze for 10 hours until the popsicles are rock hard.

GIF by Hui Lin