Ever look at a painting at a museum and go "wow, I'm starving!" Well, at least I've been there. New York City is filled with so many amazing things – two of which are fine art and food. And typically I like to enjoy both around the same time.

So, I've compiled a list of restaurants that you can stop by when you're visiting the best museums the great city of New York has to offer. Luckily, these restaurants are very close by, so you can finally stop standing and start chowing down (seriously, can they put more benches in museums nowadays?). 

If You're Going to...MoMA

1. The Wayfarer

The Wayfarer serves classic American fare and also has a great brunch spread. Just a little further down from Central Park, you can also stop by for a good day outing.

2. Joe's Shanghai

Joe's Shanghai made soup dumplings popular again. Go here and get a couple orders and be happy with your life's decisions.

3. The Halal Guys

Typically I'd advise against NYC street food, but The Halal Guys is the exception. This food truck is so popular that there are long lines without fail at almost any time of the day.

4. Beyond Sushi

You don't have to be vegan to enjoy Beyond Sushi's all-vegan rolls, wraps, and salads. It's so good you'd be amazed it's actually vegan.

If You're Going to...The Whitney

1. Untitled at The Whitney

Surprise! The best option when eating near The Whitney is at, well, The Whitney. Untitled is actually considered one of the best museum restaurants out there, plus they have incredible chocolate chip cookies. Get one.

2. Santina

Located just next to The Whitney, Santina will transport you somewhere along the Amalfi Coast. What to eat while you're there? Any fish or rice dish, and don't forget to get the squash carpaccio. Trust me, you will not regret it.

3. Serafina

What screams New York more than thin-crust pizza & delicious pasta? Probably bagels, but that's a debate I don't want to get into right now. 

4. Chelsea Market

Want a perfectly planned day in NYC? Go to The Whitney for some art sights, then walk the High Line for some scenic views, then pop over to Chelsea Market to enjoy all kinds of foods, from soft-served topped with halva to avocado toast.

If You're Going to...The Met

1. E.A.T

A classic deli and bakery just a block away from The Met, E.A.T. serves up the classics, from matzoh ball soup to potato salads to sandwiches to salads to omelets. Basically, there's a lot going on here. And I'm totally okay with it.

2. Sant Ambroeus

Brunch? Lunch? Dinner? Sant Ambroeus has you covered. This Italian restaurant is decadent, fancy, and downright delicious. Get the pancakes or a pasta dish and trust me, you will not be sorry.

3. Le Pain Quotidien

A NYC staple, LPQ (as I like to call it) serves up satisfying options at all times of the day. You can go the healthy route and stick with its delicious selection of salads, grain bowls, and eggs, or you can stick to french toast and croissants instead.

#SpoonTip: Most dishes come with their fresh baked bread. Use it as the base for their array of spreads and jams on each table.

4. Blake Lane

Want a fantastic brunch on any day of the week? Then go to Blake Lane. From grain bowls, to chia pudding, to avocado toast, there's nothing that doesn't taste delicious and filling here.

If You're Going to...The American Museum of Natural History

1. The Meatball Shop

Hands-down one of my favorite places in New York. Its concept is simple – meatballs – but the combinations are endless. Grab yourself some balls and a drink (Moscow Mule preferred) and you've got an amazing meal you will dream about later.

#SpoonTip: Save room for dessert. The Meatball Shop's ice cream sandwiches are HUGE.

2. Momoya

For those who stay at the museum till closing hours, Momoya is your stop for dinner. This is some of the best sushi in the city, so be prepared to be wowed. The spicy tuna roll and crispy rice are most popular, but you truly can't go wrong with any option.

3. Shake Shack

Do I really need to explain this one? Look at those burgers. 

4. Sarabeth's

Sarabeth's is a classic for a reason. This place continues to be one of the greatest brunch spots the city offers – and there happens to be one right in front of the Museum of Natural History. My personal favorites are the avocado & burrata toast, the goat cheese & spinach omelet, and the basket of muffins (with their jam, of course).

If You're Going to...The Guggenheim Museum

1. Bluestone Lane 

If you like avocado toast and good coffee, then there's not much better you can get in this city than those at Bluestone Lane. This Australian cafe serves up healthy, satisfying, and downright delicious food.

2. Sarabeth's

Yes, Sarabeth's has made this list again. But, Sarabeth's is to the NYC Brunch scene as fried chicken is to Kentucky. Or orange skin is to Donald Trump. 

3. Russ & Daughters

New York City is known for two great things: Frank Sinatra & bagels. Russ & Daughters has the latter, and really good ones at that. Pair a sesame bagel with their in-house smoked fish and you've got yourself one beautiful bagel.

4. Noglu

An entire gluten-free French bakery and café, Noglu is the perfect place to grab a pastry or salad before you gaze at modern art for a few hours. And, to top it all off, this café caters to all food allergies.

If You're Going to...The Museum of Sex

1. Tacombi Flatiron

Tacos, margs, & guac with chips? Who could ever say no to that? 

2. Chalait

Chalait's small industrial store front, open-faced sandwiches, and matcha lattes make it appealing to all millennials (I mean, who would be going to the Museum of Sex anyways?). Come, Instagram your meal, then go to the museum to play around with giant boobs.

3. Marta

Some of NYC's best pizza is at Marta, but it will cost you a little more than your typical street slice. It's so worth it though, trust me.

4. Eataly Flatiron

Eataly is an Italian market equipped with restaurants, stores, and even a Nutella café. Basically, it's Bloomingdales for foodies

There you have it: dozens of different restaurant options for the next time you want to art & dine.