The Sarabeth’s next to Central Park in New York City is by far the best brunch place in Manhattan. Many of you may disagree, but to me, this restaurant has the whole package. You’ll find contemporary American food here, mostly breakfast food and sandwiches, a warm atmosphere and fast service.

Breakfast:

Sarabeth's

Photo courtesy of sarabethsrestaurants.com

When I had my first breakfast there, I was blown away. Their scrambled eggs did not need added ketchup, or even salt or pepper. To say they’re perfectly tasty by themselves is an understatement. Their English muffins are a perfect pairing to the eggs; they are toasted to the perfect balance of soft and crunchy.

Sarabeth's

#SpoonTip: It is not listed on the menu, but you can get three eggs any way you want them with a side of any type of muffin, croissant, or toast for only $14.50. They also serve weekend brunch with a full bar and specialty cocktails

Location:

Sarabeth's

Photo courtesy of @centralparknyc on Instagram

Sarabeth’s Central Park South location is within walking distance of the historic Plaza Hotel, Carnegie Hall, Museum of Modern Art and is just across the street from Central Park.

While enjoying your whole wheat avocado toast, you can take in the amazing view that is the south part of Central Park, and maybe even spot a celebrity or two. Sarabeth’s is a very popular spot for actors and actresses living in Manhattan, so you may even find yourself fan-girling when all you meant to do was eat a meal.

Atmosphere:

Sarabeth's

You’ll feel like royalty when you walk into Sarabeth’s whether it’s for a simple brunch or an upscale event. The rooms they have reserved for events are absolutely beautiful. The Skylight Room is sophisticated and comfortable with a grand skylight (hence the name) that keeps this room naturally bright during the day and its rear windows face a colorful garden. Their other closed-off room is the Garden Room, which features its own bar, round tables and banquette seating.

Bottom line: If you’re a tourist (and even if you’re not), Sarabeth’s is the ideal place to grab food and get a taste of the city. You’ll have great food, a great location, and you may even see an actor or two.