There are few things more important to New Yorkers than quality food. Some may call us snobs, but we say we just have good taste. Every true New Yorker knows that no place compares to New York City, especially in terms of food. If you're reading this article, you've certainly realized this fact of life and are reminiscing about the glory days when you had unlimited access to the best food on the planet and probably took it for granted. 

Even though my move from Manhattan to Washington DC wasn't so drastic food-wise, it was definitely a change. I no longer have access to the same classically delicious food that I'm used to. In a nostalgia-induced hunger, I put together a list of the NYC foods I miss most and have spent the most time stalking on Instagram since leaving my home two months ago.

1. Avocado Toast from Bluestone Lane

A photo posted by NYC Food (@nyc_food) on

Ah, the classic Bluestone pic: basic perfection. Are you even a true avo toast fanatic if you've never Insta-ed a pic of Bluestone's beautiful avocado toast?

2. Pizza from Farinella Bakery

Step aside, popcorn. What's a movie night without a palam of Farinella pizza? I could (and do) live off of Fari.

#SpoonTip: Be adventurous! I sometimes like to swap my Margherita for Felice, Siciliana, or Doc.

3. Chicken Satay from Philippe

A birthday dinner classic. If you've never been, you've definitely seen Philippe's famously-orange chicken satay on Instagram. I could eat endless amounts of this amazing dish.

4. Cheeseburger from J.G. Melon's

Nothing better than a late-night J.G. burger. This NYC classic is even Gigi Hadid's favorite.  

5. Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie from Levain Bakery

Every New Yorker knows that Levain's cookies are the best in the world. Simple as that. The long line can sometimes be a pain, but with the sweet smell of the best cookie on Earth as motivation, no line is too long. 

6. Penne alla Vodka and Pomodoro from Serafina

Nothing tastes like home more than Serafina, probably because of the absurd number of times I've been there. Serafina is always there for me, and it always will be. If you're feeling extra nostalgic, try these seven easy Italian recipes yourself. 

7. Mac + Cheese from The Smith

Honorable mentions go to The Smith's famous s'mores jar and French toast, both of which I could also not live without. But, hey, looks like I might not be missing The Smith for too long, because rumor has it they will soon be opening a location in DC.

8. NY Bagels

Sadelle's, H and H, Murray's, Russ & Daughters, Black Seed Bagels, etc. There is nothing more satisfying to New Yorkers than a classic bagel. If you didn't already know that no non-NY bagel is like a true NY bagel, you definitely know it now. Einstein's is just not the same.

9. Pancakes from Community Food & Juice

Definition of the term "melts in your mouth," these blueberry, banana walnut, or chocolate chunk pancakes soaked in warm maple butter bring pancakes to a whole new level. Also found at their sister restaurant, Clinton St. Baking Company, these pancakes have a very special place in my heart (and gut). 

10. Ice Cream from Emack & Bolio's

Endless combinations of ice cream flavors with specialized cones means I should try to try them all right? I will be continuing this quest when I get home.

11. Cronuts and Cookie Shots from Dominique Ansel Bakery

Home of the world-famous cronut (and a never-ending line of tourists), Dominique Ansel Bakery is a place all New Yorkers are proud of. Nothing screams NYC like Dominique Ansel's unreal culinary creations that range from cronuts to cookie shots to frozen s'mores. 

12. The Ramen Burger

If you've ever tried the ramen burger, you know that there is nothing that can fulfill a ramen burger craving other than a ramen burger. You can try to make one on your own, but if you're anything like me, you'll be too lazy and settle for staring at the multitude of ramen burger pics that show up on your instafeed. 

13. Pasta from Bar Pitti

My all-time favorite, Bar Pitti has the most beautiful pasta. It's also the geotag I stalk the most on Insta. Warning: we cannot promise that you won't be left drooling all over your phone

14. Artichoke Pizza from Artichoke Basille's

I had been hesitant to try artichoke pizza, because why ruin perfectly amazing pizza by topping it with vegetables? But this combination is magical. Only NYC could combine artichokes and pizza to produce one of the best pizzas in the world.

15. Margherita Pizza from Grimaldi's

Authentic Brooklyn pizza just can't be beat. Nothing tastes like home quite like a pie of pizza.

To New Yorkers, home is where the best food is. Even though we have to venture out into different food scenes during college, it's comforting to know that all of our favorite foods are at home, waiting for us.