Call it guac on a piece of bread. Call it basic. Call it whatever you want, but you cannot deny that avocado toast has taken the food world by storm. What makes the toast so delectable? Well, for starters:

1. It’s incredibly Instagrammable (snap those photos, people).
  2. It’s super simple to make (seriously, just put avocado on some bread).
  3. It’s absolutely delicious (try it for yourself!).

I mean, what else do you really need in life? Us here at Spoon are especially big fans of avocado toast, so we have tried and tested the most delicious, Insta-worthy toasts in the New York City area.

Here they are (not ranked in any particular order, of course):

1. Two Hands

avocado

Photo by Brittany Arnett

The avocado-to-bread ratio on this bad boy is 2:1, which is just how we like it.

2. Little Collins

avocado

Photo courtesy of @nomadnewyorkcity on Instagram

Sunflower seeds add the perfect crunch. Pair this beauty with a delicious cappuccino for a great meal Instagram.

3. Bluestone Lane Collective Cafe

avocado

Photo courtesy of @seredipitylee_j on Instagram

If you haven’t heard of Bluestone Lane yet, then you need to get out from under your rock. This Australian cafe reminds us exactly what we need to thank the Down Under for – amazing avocado toast.

4. The Butcher’s Daughter

avocado

Photo courtesy of @onpartage on Instagram

In this “Vegetable Slaughter House,” no legume, fruit, or leaf has been spared. Slaughter that avocado, slaughter it. Then slap it on a piece of seeded-bread.

5. The Upsider

avocado

Photo by Brittany Arnett

Do you see that #yorkporn? Yes, you do. Do you desperately want this toast? Yes, you do.

6. Cafe Gitane

avocado

Photo courtesy of @ashleeism on Instagram

Cafe Gitane taught this city what it means to sprinkle red pepper flakes on avocado toast. Now go here and teach this city what it means to devour avocado toast.

7. by CHLOE

avocado

Photo courtesy of @snack_city_ on Instagram

Yes, this all-vegan restaurant’s name is spelled in all-caps, but that just represents how excited we are over this toast. SUPER EXCITED.

8. Le Pain Quotidien

avocado

Photo by Brittany Arnett

Do you prefer your avocado toast sliced or smeared? Well, not to worry, because this French cafe does both. They even throw a kale salad on it.

9. Jack’s Wife Freda

avocado

Photo courtesy of @cece.mckay on Instagram

And it comes with fries?! Need we say more?

10. Sweatshop

avocado

Photo courtesy of @rubysriwall on Instagram

Brooklyn is much more than Smorgasburg, hipsters, and cold-brew coffee. It’s home to this beauty, as well.

11. Egg Shop

avocado

Photo courtesy of @food_coma_nyc on Instagram

Beauty. Grace. And you know what you can add to this and make it 1000x better? Hint: It’s in the name.

12. The Smith

avocado

Photo courtesy of @whatsmikeeatingnow on Instagram

I’m not even confident on what’s going on here, but it doesn’t matter. I like it.