I may not follow a vegan diet, but I love having options. I'm also amazed by how vegan food can taste exactly like non-vegan food, and sometimes, even better than non-vegan food. Save the animals, the planet, my health, and eat great food? Count me in.

Vegan also happens to be suuuu-per trendy right now, and New York City is the #1 destination for all things trendy. We're talking about the same city that brought us over-the-top milkshakes and the Cronut. So here are some of NYC's best vegan spots for both vegans and trend setters alike

1. By Chloe

by CHLOE is the ultimate vegan restaurant — it's basically the vegan version of Shake Shack With many locations throughout the city, and even one selling just vegan sweets, it transforms non-vegan favorites like burgers and taco salads into animal-free deliciousness. 

What to get: Quinoa Taco Salad, The Guac Burger, Smashed Avo Toast & a Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Price: $$

2. Cafe Clover

Although it's not a solely vegan restaurant, Cafe Clover focuses on plant-based dishes. It's the perfect place to go if you're looking to have a fancy brunch or dinner, but also want to be health-conscious or satisfy a vegan diet. Plus, each item is super Insta-worthy

What to get: Sweet Potato Carpaccio, Gluten Free Chickpea Pizza with Mushrooms, Yuzu Glazed Carrots, & Quinoa Pancakes for Brunch.

Price: $$$

3. Nix

Right by NYU, Nix is an entirely vegan & vegetarian restaurant  that's great for when you want to be healthy, yet go all-out. The food combines flavors that you would never think to combine. Its menu is small, and the dishes are meant to be shared — so it's the perfect place if you want to be adventurous.

What to get: Tandoor Bread with Dips, Cauliflower Tempura with Steamed Buns, & Roasted Sun Choke Salad.

Price: $$$

4. The Butcher's Daughter

The Butcher's Daughter is a vegan paradise – the menu is so extensive that you'll consider staying all day in order to try everything it has to offer. Not to mention, juice is served in cute glass jars and the sandwiches are served on wooden cutting boards. It will make you feel really special, I promise.

What to get: Classic Avocado Toast, Spicy Kale Caesar Salad, & Brass Monkey Smoothie.

Price: $$

5. Juice Press

Smoothies & açaì bowls? Juice Press is your place. And with 49 locations across the City, you can be sure that you'll always have somewhere to stop when you're looking for a vegan treat on-the-go.

What to get: Açaì Blueberry Bowl, Green Light Smoothie, Fountain of Youth Smoothie, Pink Punk Juice, & OMG Juice.

Price: $

6. Peacefood Cafe

An entirely vegan cafe and bakery, Peacefood Cafe combines sustainability with delicious eats. From pizzas, to sandwiches, to focaccias — Peacefood has something to please every food lover. 

What to get: Chickpea Fries, Tahini Sprouts Sandwich, Raw Sushi Roll, Strawberry Shortcake & Raw Key Lime Pie

Price: $$

7. Springbone

Springbone focuses on bone broth, but it still has plenty of vegan-friendly options made with wholesome, all-natural ingredients. Not to mention it serves all-vegan breakfast all day and vegan ice cream. It's a win-win for vegans and non-vegans alike.

What to get: Veggie Broth, Wild Bowl, Vanilla Chia Pudding, & Avocado Toast

Price: $

8. Chole's Soft Serve Fruit

An all-natural & vegan option for those with a sweet tooth – Chloe's Soft Serve Fruit is literally fruit, water, and cane sugar. Much healthier than frozen yogurt, this place also has a decked-out topping bar, from fruit to a warm peanut butter drizzle. And it has vegan waffles. Get yourself here ASAP.

What to get: Crunchy Salty Fruit Sundae, Chloe's Signature Vegan Waffle Parfait, or any combo of soft serve fruit & toppings.

Price: $

9. Chalk Point Kitchen

Chalk Point Kitchen's menu changes with each season, so its ingredients are always fresh. They also have tons of cocktail options like a Kale Martini  — you can turn up with your turnips

What to get: Roasted Carrots, Crunchy Almond Butter & Banana Toast, Mixed Mezze Plate & Vegan Donut Holes.

Price: $$$

10. Van Leeuwen Ice Cream

This small batch, artisan ice cream tastes creamy, dreamy, and is sans dairy. Sound enticing? Check out one of Van Leeuwen's many stores located around NYC, or better yet, catch one of their trucks parked along the City's streets.

#SpoonTip: They sell pints. Buy several of them.

What to get: Vegan Honeycomb, Caramelized Banana Nut, or Salted Caramel.

Price: $

11. Candle Cafe

Candle Cafe serves vegan food that will satisfy your craving as if you just ate a real meat burger. From nachos, to "cheeseburgers", to risotto — you could convince any non-vegan that being vegan isn't that bad after all.

What to get: Jalapeño Mac & Cheese, Fried Avocado Tacos, Molten Chocolate Cake, or any veggie sides.

Price: $$$

12. Beyond Sushi

Beyond Sushi serves the most amazing and creative all-vegan sushi, dumplings, rice paper wraps, noodles, and bowls in the City. To top it all off, everything is extremely flavorful, colorful, and beautiful. (That's a lot of 'fuls, people.)

What to get: Spicy Mang Roll, Mighty Mushroom Roll, Chic Pea Roll, & The Badge Dumplings

Price: $