Açai bowls make me feel like I should be sitting on a beach in Hawaii, with a flower in my hair, sea-breeze and all. Then I remember that I live in New York and go to school in DC. But that still doesn’t mean I can’t get that same summer feeling on the East Coast.

Us here at Spoon have gathered the go-to places to get a delicious and Insta-worthy açai bowl on the East Coast, from Maine all the way down to Florida. Just another reason why the West Coast is not the best coast #sorrynotsorry.

Oh, and FYI, it’s pronounced ah-sigh-eee not ah-kai.

Maine: Maine Squeeze Juice Cafe in Portland

açai

Photo courtesy of @grace.a on Instagram

People that put almond butter on açai just win at life, it’s a known fact. Get one of these babies and a cold green juice for an instant pick-me-up.

Vermont: Juicebox in Burlington

açai

Photo courtesy of @claire_cavanaugh on Instagram

This farm-to-table raw juicery and smoothie bar not serves up açai bowls, but also pitaya bowls, coconut bowls, and mango bowls. That’s a whole lotta bowls, people.

New Hampshire: Secret Spot in Hampton

açai

Photo courtesy of @gkdawson on Instagram

These bowls are over-flowing with toppings, which is just how we like it. And that granola? Who can say no to granola?

Massachusetts: Jugos in Boston

açai

Photo courtesy of @ccrphealthclub on Instagram

You see the way those strawberries are lined up? That’s what Beyoncé was talking about in her song, Formation. #hotsauceinmybagswag

Rhode Island: Cool Beans Cafe in Narragansett

açai

Photo courtesy of @jaytocco on Instagram

Technically, açai is a berry, not a bean, but we don’t really care. These bowls are the perfect blend of sweet and creamy.

Connecticut: Green & Tonic in Darien

açai

Photo courtesy of @hungrie_hippos on Instagram

Açai cylinder, anyone? Bowls are so old school anyway.

New York: Liquiteria in Manhattan

açai

Photo courtesy of @mollytavoletti on Instagram

Just like everything from NYC, these bowls scream “Instagram-me!” So get one, take a photo of it, filter it, and Instagram away.

Pennsylvania: Stripp’d Cold Pressed Juice in Philadelphia

açai

Photo courtesy of @itsianraymond on Instagram

As Lizzie McGuire says, “Have you ever seen such a beautiful night açai?”

New Jersey: Playa Bowls in Belmar

açai

Photo courtesy of @wholefoodofhappiness_ on Instagram

There is nutella on this bowl. I repeat. THERE IS NUTELLA ON THIS BOWL.

Delaware: Nectar Cafe and Juice Bar in Lewes

açai

Photo courtesy of @coastalcuisine.tv on Instagram

This cafe also serves delicious cocktails, so you can get your #drank on while you enjoy this beauty. It’s really a win-win.

Maryland: Pure Raw Juice Bar in Baltimore

açai

Photo courtesy of @passionforfitt on Instagram

The toppings on these bowls are endless. Because you can never have enough hemp seeds or bee pollen, apparently?

Washington DC: Jaco Juice & Taco Bar in Georgetown

açai

Photo courtesy of @toastedtable on Instagram

And this place sells tacos?!? Get over here, stat.

Virginia: South Block Juice Co. in Arlington

açai

Photo courtesy of @andichin on Instagram

Along with these bad boys, the juice cleanses from South Block are great. After a long and hard three days on one, I would know.

North Carolina: Clean Juice Bar in Charlotte

açai

Photo by Addison Heintze

The name of this place reminds us why we love açai bowls – they make us feel so fresh, so clean.

South Carolina: gogogreens on Sullivan’s Island

açai

Photo courtesy of @holycityeats on Instagram

Grab an açai bowl and an avocado toast here. Trust me, the two make great companions, just like peanut butter & jelly.

Georgia: Kale Me Crazy in Atlanta

açai

Photo courtesy of @kayleighhopedenner on Instagram

We love the play on words in this restaurant’s name almost as much as we love its açai bowls. With locations all over the Atlanta area, there’s açai for everyone, everywhere.

Florida: Under the Mango Tree in Miami

açai

Photo courtesy of @nyctoparis on Instagram

This place is extremely cozy and even puts its açai in cute printed bowls. What more can we ask for?