This new restaurant is tucked away on Wisconsin but don’t let it pass you by. The diverse menu features tacos, juices, and smoothies with the only downside being that you can’t order the whole thing all at once. The colorful and cheery restaurant has a great vibe, the music is always on point, and the bar stool counter gives it a great community and causal feel.

Additionally, you can watch them make your food right in front on you with delicious and fresh ingredients. The restaurant feels like a food truck meets hipster café. Its easy to be inspired by the full and authentic menu but if you’re feeling overwhelmed, here’s some of our favorite items on the menu…

Chips and Guac

Jaco

Photo by Hailey Maher

We chose this as our starter, and could have probably ordered another for our entree. The chips are deliciously salty and compliment the salsa perfectly. Additionally the guac is to die for, with big chunks of fresh avocado to scoop up and enjoy. The only regret you’ll have is not ordering another one (learn to make your own guac here).

The Baco Taco

Jaco

Photo by Hailey Maher

For a full Jaco experience, order a Baco Taco and pair it with a fresh juice and experience the complete and utter bliss of Jaco. We paired it with The Pineapple Express which compliments the taco perfectly, just like fine wine and cheese.

This taco boasts avocado, sweet onion, tomato, sweet corn, cotija cheese, tomatillo salsa and topped with mouth-watering roasted poblano crema. Squeeze a bit of lime over this creation and you’ll feel like you’ve just stumbled upon an authentic taqueria in the heart of Mexico.

Berry Açai Bowl

Jaco

Photo by Hailey Maher

Açai is a super fruit from the tropical rainforests of South America that will revolutionize your diet. Learn more about how to incorporate superfoods into your diet here.  Jaco has perfected the art of açai bowls, so any one you choose will surely bring you into food heaven (shout out to the PB açai bowl).

This blended bowl of açai, banana, almond milk, and blueberries is topped with pineapple, strawberry, granola and sprinkled with chia seeds and is sure to satisfy every bit of your fruity cravings.

The Trifecta 

Jaco

Photo by Hailey Maher

For the ultimate Jaco experience, choose three (or more) tacos to indulge in. We chose the Veggin Out Taco, pictured top, with kale, potato, white bean, cotija cheese, tomato and of course, the delicious roasted poblano crema. Even if you’re not vegetarian, this taco will satisfy you.

Next, we though that a fish taco, pictured bottom right, would compliment all those veggies. This taco packs in North Atlantic cod, pineapple salsa, cabbage slaw, tomatillo salsa and roasted poblano crema into a warm corn tortilla.

Lastly, we choose the Braised Beef Taco, bottom left, with sautéed onion, shredded lettuce, cotija cheese, tomatillo salsa, and roasted poblano crema to perfectly finalize our trifecta. This was an incredible journey for our taste buds, we didn’t think that much flavor could fit in three small tortillas.

If any of these made your mouth water (and we’re sure they did), then stop by Jaco Juice and Taco Bar ASAP (and make sure to invite us).