There’s no doubt about it, finals season is here. A trip to any library or coffee shop can confirm the fact. You'll find dozens of students munching on their favorite snacks and hunkering down, dreaming of winter break just beyond finals. 

Whether you’re a fan of studying in the depths of the library in complete silence, in the middle of the bustle of a local coffee shop, or in the comfort of your own bed, lots of studying means you’re going to need lots of fuel for your brain

Regular old pretzels, mixed nuts, or maybe even a piece of chocolate may have been your go-to in the past, but I’m here to introduce you to a whole new world of exciting snacking. Hopefully they make studying a little more bearable and your snacking a little more exciting. 

Enter Creative Snacks Company

At Creative Snacks Company, the goal is to create “better snacks, made from better ingredients.” That means their products contain no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors or colors, or hydrogenated oils. Otherwise known as healthy.

They offer a wide variety of snacks, from time-tested favorites like chocolate covered pretzels, to exciting new twists on classics like chocolate banana nut granola and coconut clusters.

Here are a few of my personal recommendations that you can pick up to satisfy any flavor you’re craving, from sweet to salty. Their snacks range from healthy to indulgent treats. We both know you deserve it.

Organic Coconut Snacks

I’ll be honest I was a little skeptical when I first picked these snacks up. Now, I might as well be an ambassador.

I love to have them on top of yogurt, smoothies, or added to trail mix. They come in a variety of fun add-ins like chia, seeds, nuts, and dried fruit. They’re packed with healthy fats to keep your brain running happily.

If you’re still not convinced, they’re USDA certified organic and a Sofi award winner. They’ve also been featured in several magazines as a healthy snack option. 

Brain Food Trail Mix

The name on this one says it all. It’s a mix of specially selected nuts and seeds packed with protein that will fuel your brain for any last-minute cramming that you’re doing.

Baked Almond Clusters

I use these clusters in similar ways to the coconut clusters I mentioned before. The almond version comes with a lot more mix-in flavor options, from savory cayenne and turmeric to sweet cranberry and cacao nibs.

Vegetable Chips

Next time you’re studying and can’t stop thinking about crunchy, salty potato chips, try this slightly healthier alternative made with real ingredients. Vegetable is in the name, so it counts as one of your daily servings.

Roasted In-Shell Pistachios

Studying for finals means that your brain is extremely distracted, making it easy to snack a little bit more than you’re used to. I’ve found that keeping my hands busy with shelling pistachios is a great way to control my over-snacking habit while also getting the protein fuel that I know my brain needs.

Good-To-Go Chocolate Banana Nut Granola

You’re not alone if you have an issue with portion control when you’re snacking. The distraction of studying makes it hard not to eat an entire jar of nuts or bag of pretzels.

These Good-To-Go packages take the hassle out of portioning out snacks. It’s just an added bonus that the chocolate banana nut flavor happens to be my favorite granola of all time, excluding Creative Snacks Company’s seasonal pumpkin pecan granola. 

Wasabi Peas

A cup of coffee never seems to be enough to keep my brain alert when I’m studying at night. I’ve found that a spicy snack does just the job and these crunchy peas bursting with sushi-reminiscent flavor are my favorite option. 

Dried Pineapple

My personal favorite dried fruit is pineapple. It’s really hard to find it alone, with no added sugar, preservatives, or oils, but Creative Snacks Company does just that. It’s great for adding to your own trail mix, or just on its own for a naturally sweet snack. 

Seasonal Yogurt-Covered Pretzels

The only thing that keeps me sane through finals is knowing that Christmas is coming. One delicious way to keep reminding yourself of the light at the end of the tunnel is with peppermint dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and yogurt covered pretzels.

They’re only around for the holidays, so stock up now. If peppermint isn't your thing, choose from a variety of covered pretzels year-round, from milk and dark chocolate to regular, blueberry, and strawberry yogurt and even peanut butter.

Inner Peace Mix

When the stress proves to be a little too much for you, take a break and grab a handful of this trail mix. The nuts, seeds, and dried cranberries are specially selected to be both satisfying and relaxing. 

Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans

I’ve saved the last resort for the end of this snack roundup. When all else fails, I turn to these deliciously sweet bites that have just the right amount of bitter flavor from the espresso beans and dark chocolate.

They're so much better than chocolate-covered nuts, if I’m honest. 

I don't know about you, but I'm practically excited to start studying for finals, knowing all of the delicious snacks that are waiting for me. 

Quit procrastinating, make a quick trip to your local grocery store, then hit the library.

coffee, chocolate, candy, sweet, tea, cake
Heather-Jade Stanley

Christmas will be here before you know it.