It’s no secret I love ice cream, whether it’s a limited-edition holiday special, out-of-the-box innovation, or an upgraded fast food favorite. It only makes sense that my favorite day of the year is National Ice Cream Day, which falls on Sunday, July 17th this year.

To ensure your celebrations are sweet, Spoon has rounded up the best flavors to celebrate National Ice Cream Day 2022. From vegan and dairy-free offerings, hard-serve and soft-serve, classic scoops or hand-held bars and cones, household names and brand-new favorites, and outside-the-box toppings, there’s something for every ice cream lover on this list.

New offerings include McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream boozy ice cream collection, innovative ice cream perfume from the always unique Salt & Straw, and an at-home take on the classic ice cream parlor cone courtesy of Blue Bunny. Plus, if you can’t pick just one, there are plenty of hybrid dessert-inspired offerings like Brookie, Doughnuts, Cookies, and Cheesecake.

Plus, there are plenty of sweet deals, discounts, and freebies available to guarantee you’re getting the most bang for your buck. Without further ado, here are 13 brands offering creative and cool products in honor of National Ice Cream Day 2022.

Insomnia Cookies IN Cream Ice Cream

Insomnia Cookies announced the launch of their own ice cream line, Cookies IN Ice Cream, to satisfy sweets cravings just in time for National Ice Cream Day.

Inspired by the world's most indulgent pairing, Insomnia's newest creation takes their delicious, warm cookies and mixes them IN their own formula of super premium ice cream, creating a cool treat. The late-night bakery is currently serving up scoops of its Cookies IN Ice Cream at more than 65 of their Mid-Atlantic locations, with plans to expand the line to all 220+ stores nationwide by the end of the summer.

So Delicious Dairy Free Wondermilk Frozen Desserts

The new So Delicious Dairy Free Wondermilk Frozen Desserts are crafted with a unique blend of plant-based ingredients that hit all the sweet spots of traditional dairy, like the sweetly balanced taste and creamy texture. So Delicious Wondermilk Frozen Desserts are vegan, organic, and gluten-free, and available in five pint flavors (Buttery Pecan, Vanilla, Chocolate Cocoa Chip, Cookies & Creme, Strawberry) and two cone flavors (Salted Caramel and Vanilla Peanut) in grocery stores nationwide.

I got my hands on a pint of Wondermilk Cookies & Creme, and just…wow. It was creamy (just like ice cream), sweet but not too sweet, and didn’t have any strange textures or aftertastes that you sometimes find with non-dairy products. Plus, the ratio of cookies to cream was perfect – you don’t get skimped on the cookies.

Klondike 

Klondike is popping-up in NYC, Los Angeles & Chicago with a decades-themed “What Would You Do for a Klondike?” challenge fans can complete for a chance to win a Klondike 100th birthday cake. Free Klondike products will also be available on-site. You can find details here.

Magnum Ice Cream Duet Bar

If you prefer an ice cream bar to a bowl, the chocolatiers of ice cream bring you Magnum Duets, the first ice cream bar to be dipped in two different types of chocolate. There are three flavors of Duet bars: Almond Duet (Spoon’s favorite), Chocolate Duet (which have a raspberry swirl), and Cookie Duet, and enjoy twice the indulgence and chocolate in every bite.

Plus, Magnum recently teamed up with Nails INC. to create gorgeous polishes inspired by the three Duets.

Krispy Kreme

The donut chain recently announced their foray into a new dessert category: ice cream. An original ice cream that only Krispy Kreme can provide, Original Glazed Soft Serve is a one-of-a-kind ice cream made with ingredients from and inspired by Krispy Kreme’s secret Original Glazed Doughnut recipe. Original Glazed Soft Service shakes, cones and cups are available at participating shops for dine-in and takeout, and via drive-thru.

DiGiorno

Yes, you read that right. It’s not delivery on National Ice Cream Day, it’s DiGiorno. The iconic pizza brand transformed the flaky, buttery layers of its best-selling Croissant Crust and baked it into an ice cream-ready cone for a treat that’s equal parts unexpected and delicious.

Plus, the pizza brand has also collaborated with a Cleveland-based creamery to create two savory ice cream flavors – Strawberry Tomato Basil and Parmesan Cheese – to be paired with the cone for a “treat-za” like no other. The DiGiorno Crust Cones with signature ice creams will be available exclusively through an online sweepstakes through July 17.

McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream

It’s five-o-clock somewhere. Toast to National Ice Cream Day with McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams’ new rum-infused* collection. The Vacation A La Mode collection blends Central Coast milk & cream, rum, and fresh seasonal mix-ins for a sweet boozy treat. The brand new flavors include Espresso Rumtini & Macadamia Nuts, dairy-free Strawberry Daiquiri, and Piña Colada – all spiked with rum and the oh so sweet taste of summer vacation.

Additionally, in honor of National Ice Cream Month/Day, McConnell’s is running deals online and in-store scoop shops: Score an EXTRA scoop in-store with the purchase of a single cup or cone in scoop shops on Sunday, July 17, or enjoy 20% off online orders with code NICD2022 Saturday, July 16 - Sunday, July 17.

Piña Colada and Espresso Rumtini & Macadamia Nuts are less than 2% alcohol by weight and Strawberry Daiquiri is .5% by weight. McConnell’s does not recommend consumption while pregnant, but that is at the discretion of the consumer.

Salt & Straw

Ice cream has no scent – until now. Cited as “the most innovative ice cream topping ever,” Salt & Straw – a brand known for their unique ice cream flavors – has teamed up with Imaginary Authors to drop their first ever ice cream topping: Culinary Perfume. The three toppings include A Cloud of Cocoa, A Swoon of Citrus, and a Plume of Blossoms, and are crafted for an “all-sensory” ice cream experience.

The perfume can be sprayed on ice cream or worn on your body, and launches online and in shops on July 17. On the same day, customers can receive Salt & Straw’s Culinary Perfume as a free topping for their ice cream at all Salt & Straw scoop shops.

Crumbl Cookie Ice Cream

You may recognize their iconic pink cookie box, but did you know that Crumbl also sells hand-packed half-pints?

In honor of National Ice Cream Day, grab Crumbl Cream’s classic vanilla bean or fudge brownie, or double up on the cookies with Snickerdoodle, Peanut Butter Brittle, or Cookie Dough Crunch ice cream.

Blue Bunny

For the first time ever - get a soft-serve cone right from your freezer thanks to Blue Bunny. The new Twist Cones feature classic flavors of soft frozen dairy dessert twisted all the way to the bottom, swirled with gooey fudge or strawberry swirls throughout, and a bonus chocolaty bite at the bottom of a crunchy sugar cone.

These soft-serve cones are available in three fun flavors: Chocolate Vanilla, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Strawberry Cheesecake. If you prefer traditional ice cream, though, Blue Bunny’s Load’d Salted Caramel Pecan cone features swirls of gooey salted caramel and mixed with pecans for a sweet and salty crunch.

Bruster’s Real Ice Cream

In honor of this National Ice Cream Day, Bruster’s is releasing a brand-new flavor. Ultimate Peanut Butter Oreo®, featuring homemade vanilla ice cream swirled with creamy peanut butter and chunks of Oreo® cookies, is the latest combination to come out of the Bruster’s kitchen. Plus, Bruster’s will be offering Sweet Rewards Double Points Days during the weekend of National Ice Cream Day, July 15, 2022 – July 17, 2022.

Carvel

Name a more iconic duo than brownies and cookies, we’ll wait. Just in time for National Ice Cream Day, Carvel dropped a limited-time flavor mashup that combines the tastes of two favorite comfort foods: brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough.

Brookie literally puts a twist on childhood-favorite flavors by swirling together rich, fudgy brownie batter ice cream and delicious chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Celebrate National Ice Cream Day at a Carvel shoppe on July 17th and take advantage of a BOGO small cup or cone of Brookie soft serve (or any other Carvel soft serve flavor)!

DoorDash and Unilever

In celebration of National Ice Cream Day, those who shop Unilever brands Breyers, Talenti, Magnum ice cream and Ben & Jerry’s can enjoy $5 off their entire order with a purchase from The Ice Cream Shop on DoorDash all day on July 16 and 17. If you haven’t tried The Ice Cream Shop before, it’s a way to get ice cream delivered right to your door, sometimes in under 30 minutes. To score this deal, add your chosen Unilever frozen treats from The Ice Cream Shop to your DoorDash cart and use promo code ICECREAM5 at checkout.