Growing up, two of my favorite desserts that my mom always made were brownies and cookies. They’re pretty much childhood staples, right? So what happens our two favorite desserts were combined together? That’s what I attempted over Thanksgiving Break and I will say the results were fantastic. Whether you use mix or make it from scratch, this dessert is sure to wow both kids and adults alike.
Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes (depending on if you want they gooey or not)
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: About 10
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
Note: I used Ghirardelli Brownie Mix and Tollhouse Cookie Dough
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Since I used Ghirardelli brownie mix, I followed the directions on the box. Beat 1 egg, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and combine with mix.
3. Stir the mix well (by hand or using a mixer)
4. Pour the brownie batter into a dish that is either 8″ or 9″
5. Once the batter is in the pan, take the cookie dough out of the box (I used pre-cut Tollhouse Cookie Dough).
6. Place the cookie dough on top of the brownie batter, making them into rows of three by five.
7. Once you have the cookie dough in the pan, place the pan into the oven for 40-45 minutes.
8. Once the timer has run out, pull the pan out of the oven. Let the brookies cool for about an hour.