It’s summer and school’s out. You know what that means: festival season.

But, let’s be real, music festivals aren’t for everyone and there’s only so much you can take of kids’ activities and art. So what’s a foodie to do? Go to food festivals. It’s the best option and you get to eat everythang.

There’s so many food festivals out there though, so you have to prioritize. Through reading a multitude of online reviews and combing through a few hundred festivals, I’ve created a list of the best summer food festivals in each state. This resulted in me deciding that at some point in my life, I will hit up each one.

If you find yourselves in some random state, or at home, you won’t regret hitting up any of these festivals.

Alabama: Magic City Brewfest

festival

Photo courtesy of Nick Hudson via flickr.com

When: June 3-4, 2016

Where: Birmingham, Alabama

Tickets: $38, $15 for designated drivers ($5 worth of food tokens)

Magic City Brewfest is a weekend dedicated to learning about craft beer, and of course sampling. That’s the real reason we’re here. This year, there are over 200 beers available. So if you’re into that (I know I am), grab some tickets and check out the common, rare, and specialty ales that Alabama has to offer this year.

Alaska: Copper River Wild! Salmon Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Cedar Summit Farm on flickr.com

When: July 15-16, 2016

Where: Cordova, Alaska

Tickets: Free, pay for additional activities

If you somehow find yourself in Alaska, enjoy the bounty of the “Taste of Cordova Salmon Cook-off.” Or maybe indulge in an Alaska salmon barbecue in the evening. If you’re just not that into salmon, there’s also an arts and crafts fair, musical performances, and Salmon Runs if you want to work off all that fish. But, in the case you can’t head to Alaska, just heat up the oven and bake some salmon.

Arizona: Flagstaff Chili Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Jeremy Keith via flickr.com

When: June 11-12, 2016

Where: Flagstaff, Arizona

Tickets: $5

There is an entire festival devoted to chili cooking and tasting in Arizona. Like. Nuff said. Chili cooks from all around the Southwest gather to cook and compete for a chance to become the people’s choice winner for each of the three different chili styles. It might be summer, but it’s time for me to make some chili.

Arkansas: Cave City Watermelon Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Steve Snodgrass via flickr.com

When: August 11-13, 2016

Where: Cave City, Arkansas

Tickets: Free

Cave City is home to the “world’s sweetest watermelons” and this festival is possibly the only reason I’ll ever set foot in Arkansas (not dissing it, but I’m a big city girl). Three days long, this festival has parades, festivities, food, and all the watermelon you can eat. Be sure to pick up some watermelon so you can make a refreshing mint watermelon smoothie.

California: Gilroy Garlic Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Robert Thompson via flickr.com

When: July 29-31, 2016

Where: Gilroy, California

Tickets: $20 for adults, $10 for children/seniors

Featuring two tons of fresh garlic and ten tons of beef, the festival is a holy ground for garlic lovers. You can expect live entertainment, garlic-based cooking demos, a garlic cook-off, and plenty of food with the stinking rose as the star. Bonus points if you find someone in a garlic dress while eating the free garlic ice cream, which isn’t available at the most Instagram-worthy ice cream spots in California.

Colorado: Steamboat Wine Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Allan Harris via flickr.com

When: August 10-14, 2016

Where: Steamboat Springs, Colorado

Tickets: Prices vary, see site

This is an awesome festival for foodies and drinkers. People gather to experience more than 100 food artisans, wineries, breweries, and distilleries for the ultimate food and wine experience. Whether you eat everything like me or are a picky eater, you’re sure to find more than one event to get excited about. If you’re lucky, you can get the craft beer that smells like weed since you’re in Colorado.

Connecticut: South Windsor Strawberry Fest & Craft Fair

festival

Photo courtesy of Puno 3000 via flickr.com

When: June 11, 2016

Where: South Windsor, Connecticut

Tickets: Free admission

The Strawberry Fest & Craft Fair features a huge craft fair, pageant, entertainment, food, and the “undisputed world’s best strawberry shortcake.” It’s the biggest outdoor craft fair in New England and features a bunch of food trucks. Sounds like a good way to beat the summer heat to me. But, if you don’t feel like heading up to Connecticut, maybe just make a strawberry ice cream pie at home.

Delaware: Holy Trinity Greek Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of tdlucas5000 via flickr.com

When: June 7-11, 2016

Where: Wilmington, Delaware

Tickets: Free admission

Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church takes everyone on a mini trip to Greece where you can experience authentic food. For 12 hours, traditional foods are served while the more well-known dishes (gyros and calamari among them) are served outside for 6 hours in the evening. If you’re hesitant to try Greek foods, here’s a quick intro for you. Be sure to grab a table and listen to live Greek music. Don’t worry, you won’t have to act like you were raised by a Greek family.

Florida: Key Lime Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Kathryn Yengel via flickr.com

When: July 2-4, 2016

Where: Key West, Florida

Tickets: Free admission, pay for events

Key lime pie is the iconic pie everyone should know how to make. It’s one of the 10 things the rest of the country should thank Florida for. From the Florida Keys, the Key lime is a tart and juicy fruit used to flavor soups, margaritas, etc. This is the premier event for a basically Florida-only fruit, so don’t miss out if you’re already chilling in Key West.

Georgia: Georgia Peach Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Trevor Huxham via flickr.com

When: June 3-4 and June 10, 2016

Where: Fort Valley, Georgia and Byron, Georgia

Tickets: Free admission

This week-long event celebrates peach growers. The festivities include a parade, live music performances and a beauty contest, the Miss Georgia Peach Pageant. However, the highlight of the festival is food, so you better feast on delicious peach treats like cobbler and pie. You’ll also find a variety of typical fair and festival foods such as pizza, barbecue, and more.

Hawaii: Kapalua Wine & Food Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Rick Derevan via flickr.com

When: June 9-12, 2016

Where: Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii

Tickets: Prices vary, but sold out

This celebration combines the finest in food and wine while embracing all things Hawaiian. Be sure to check out all the foods they have that you can’t get on the mainland. As if I needed another reason to visit Maui when I actually have money. If you’re like me and can’t afford a trip to Hawaii, just eat some tropical-inspired foods and pretend you’re on the beach.

Idaho: International Food & Culture Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Del Duncan via flickr.com

When: August 1, 2016

Where: Boise, Idaho

Tickets: TBD

The International Food & Culture Festival features authentic cuisines from around the world from regional restaurants and eateries. Of course, there’s also typical festival stuff: vendors, kids’ activities, arts and crafts, workshops, a beer garden, music, and entertainment.

Illinois: Taste of Chicago

festival

Photo courtesy of Kate Gardiner via flickr.com

When: July 6-10, 2016

Where: Chicago, Illinois

Tickets: Free, pay for premium activities

One of the world’s biggest food festivals, The Taste is five days long. Each year, the festival attracts millions of people to sample food and drinks from dozens of local restaurants and bakeries. From food trucks to pop up restaurants, there’s something here for everybody. And, if you’re into it, there’s a bunch of bands performing.

Indiana: Annual BBQ RibFest

festival

Photo courtesy of Wally Gobetz via flckr.com

When: June 16-19, 2016

Where: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Tickets: $6 (13+), $5 seniors, $4 students/military/fire/police, $3 Sunday only

This festival is 4 days of mouth-watering barbecue. RibFest has developed into one of the finest barbecue festivals in the country. Every year, national, award-winning teams cook ribs for people to eat. It’s no wonder this is the best summer food festival Indiana has to offer.

Iowa: Ice Cream Days

festival

Photo courtesy of Mimi Phan via flickr.com

When: June 15-18, 2016

Where: Le Mars, Iowa

Tickets: Free admission, pay for activities

This festival is all about ice cream. Celebrate with ice cream treats, picnics, parades and more. Today, more ice cream is produced in Le Mars, Iowa by a single company than in any other city in the world. So, whether you’re staying awhile or just passing through, be sure to experience the “local flavor.”

Kansas: Flint Hills Beef Fest

festival

Photo courtesy of Wally Gobetz via flickr.com

When: August 19-21, 2016

Where: Emporia, Kansas

Tickets: Free admission

The Flint Hills Beef Fest is an annual celebration of the grass cattle industry. There’s a cattle contest for those of you who want to look at animals and a BBQ contest for people who want to eat (like me). The grass-fed cattle is great, so for you BBQ fanatics (but do you sauce or not?) this is a great stop in the Midwest.

Kentucky: Newport Italianfest

festival

Photo courtesy of Richard Cawood on flickr.com

When: June 9-12, 2016

Where: Newport, Kentucky

Tickets: Free admission

This festival is held along Newport’s Riverboat Row between two bridges. With authentic Italian food and live music, it’s hard to believe you’re in land-locked Kentucky. Indulge in the pizza-eating contest or compete in a cooking contest while others are distracted with games and rides. Let me know if you can find the Italian food creations that haven’t made their way to America yet.

Louisiana: New Orleans Oyster Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Infrogmation of New Orleans via flickr.com

When: June 4-5, 2016

Where: New Orleans, Louisiana

Tickets: Free admission

This festival is now on my bucket list of food festivals to go to before I die. It celebrates the chefs and oyster farmers of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Together, the two groups have sealed the area’s position as the “Oyster Capital of America.” Make sure to stop by if you like shellfish. And if you don’t, there are ridiculous food challenges to try out. Make sure to sample from Spoon’s official New Orleans food bucket list.

Maine: Maine Lobster Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of manray3 via flickr.com

When: August 3-7, 2016

Where: Rockland, Maine

Tickets: Prices vary, check website

Nothing says summer like eating lobster in New England (or seafood in general). There’s nearly 10 tons of lobster every summer at the Maine Lobster Festival. On top of that, there’s a Food Network cooking contest. Can you say opportunity? And for those foodies who need to stay active, there’s a crate race where participants run across lobster crates floating in the water.

Maryland: Seafood Feast-I-Val

festival

Photo courtesy of Bob B. Brown via flickr.com

When: August 13, 2016

Where: Cambridge, Maryland

Tickets: $37 adults, $10 children

Would it really be a Maryland festival if there wasn’t seafood or crabs? This all-you-can-eat festival allows you to gorge on Chesapeake Bay cuisine and typical festival fare. Sounds good, sign me up. I’m totally going. And it benefits the Cambridge Rescue Fire Company, so I’ll be eating for a good cause.

Massachusetts: Boston JerkFest

festival

Photo courtesy of tambrieann via flickr.com

When: June 24-25, 2016

Where: Boston, Massachusetts

Tickets: Prices vary, check site

Boston’s most popular summer festival, this Caribbean-style food festival is for spicy food addicts. Local Caribbean chefs sell authentic jerk-spiced food and homemade Caribbean beverages. Be sure to check out Spice Lane for specialty foods and the Reggae Bar for all the alcohol you could want. For the 21+ foodies, there’s a rum tasting where you have unlimited tastings when you buy a ticket. And if you don’t have enough money after, ball on a budget with our guide to cheap Boston dinners.

Michigan: National Cherry Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of the Michigan Municipal League via flickr.com

When: July 2-9, 2016

Where: Traverse City, Michigan

Tickets: Free, pay for premium events

There are so many food activities at this week-long festival: brunch, breakfast, BBQ, beer, and picnics. You can run to the farmer’s market and buy cherries for snacks to eat throughout the day (or this alcoholic cherry limeade) and watch the concert line-up. Did I mention that this will be it’s 90th year running? Be sure to stop by Cherry Republic on your way there.

Minnesota: The Rhubarb Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Monika via flickr.com

When: June 4, 2016

Where: Lanesboro, Minnesota

Tickets: Free admission

Rhubarb is that weird, sweet but tart ingredient. Minnesota loves it apparently. I can kind of get it? For instance, strawberry rhubarb pie is pretty good. Get free tastings of rhubarb delights among other festival activities at this event. There’s two bands named after the plant that’ll be performing, so be sure to swing by if you’re in the area.

Mississippi: Blueberry Jubilee

festival

Photo courtesy of Patrick Q via flickr.com

When: June 11, 2016

Where: Poplarville, Mississippi

Tickets: Free admission

The Blueberry Jubilee promotes the blueberry industry in Mississippi. Shame it’s not during National Blueberry Month. This arts and crafts and food festival is held the second Saturday in June of each year. Stop by for crafts, storytelling, live entertainment, lots of food, and some southern hospitality.

Missouri: Saint Louis Brewers Heritage Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Missouri Division of Tourism via flickr.com

When: June 11, 2016

Where: St. Louis, Missouri

Tickets: Price varies, see website

This festival celebrates beer brewing as a tradition and gathers together both large and small breweries. This year alone you have the choice of sampling nearly 100 different beers (lagers, stouts, ales) from more than 40 breweries.

Montana: Creamery Picnic

festival

Photo courtesy of Family O’Abe via flickr.com

When: August 5-6, 2016

Where: Stevensville, Montana

Tickets: Free admission

This picnic has been around for over a century and grown a lot over the years. Now, on top of typical festivities, there is the Montana State BBQ Championship, a Microbrew Festival, and food vendors. Be sure to sample the ice cream and take a peek at the mobile dairy to see how milk products are made. There’s also a car show for those of you who like that stuff.

Nebraska: Nebraska Wine & Balloon Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Jayson via flickr.com

When: August 12-13, 2016

Where: Omaha, Nebraska

Tickets: $14-17

The unique celebration features hot air balloon launches and glows. Alongside the balloons are the Midwest’s most delicious foods and barbecue, which is the important part. Of course, there’s stuff for non-foodies, but let’s focus on the food here. Enjoy taste of Nebraska wines or your choice of beers with festival admission.

Nevada:  Taste of the Comstock

festival

Photo courtesy of Fast Forward Event Productions via flickr.com

When: June 11, 2016

Where: Virginia City, Nevada

Tickets: $20-30

Sample savory bites of Virginia City’s finest fare at Taste of the Comstock. Weird name, right? But Virginia City used be known as a town of riches, elegance and fine dining. And that still applies to the food and drink. Your ticket allows a sample at each of the participating restaurants. Bring your hollow leg because you’ll need all the room you have for this event.

New Hampshire: Chowderfest & Brews

festival

Photo courtesy of Bryan Maleszyk via flickr.com

When: May 29, 2016

Where: Waterville Valley, New Hampshire

Tickets: $5-7.50

A competition where 10 different restaurants compete in hopes of winning the coveted “Golden Clam Award.” This event is definitely for those fond of clam chowder. Local New Hampshire microbreweries will offer their varieties of summer ales that you can sip on between chowders.

New Jersey: Jersey Shore Wine Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC) via flickr.com

When: June 11-12, 2016

Where: Lakewood, New Jersey

Tickets: $20-25

This exciting two day event features New Jersey wineries and amazing seafood. I avoid setting foot in New Jersey when I can, but I’d break that habit of mine to go to this. Wine and seafood? Count me in.

New Mexico: Elephant Butte Chili Challenge Cookoff

festival

Photo courtesy of Mack Male via flickr.com

When: June 11, 2016

Where: Elephant Butte Lake State Park, New Mexico

Tickets: Park entrance fee + $2 per sample

Red or Green? That’s the question of the day at the Elephant Butte Chili Challenge Cook Off. For $2 a sample, people decide the winner of each category. For those of you who don’t like chili, there’s also burgers, ice cream, and various forms of entertainment.

New York: Smorgasburg

festival

Photo courtesy of erin on flickr.com

When: April – November weekends

Where: New York City, New York

Tickets: Free admission, pay for food

Okay, there were way too many festivals in New York and this might not be considered one, but Smorgasburg is the best weekend food festivals ever. There’s 100 food vendors at both locations each weekend and almost every food is drool-worthy. I live 8 hours away from New York and I’m totally going to make the trip up for a weekend because I’m already in love, and the food makes me hungry af just looking at it.

North Carolina: Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Lauren Topor via flickr.com

When: August 5-6, 2016

Where: Cary, North Carolina

Tickets: Prices vary, see site for details

If you live in the south you’ll find that our ideal summer involves beer and barbecue. This is best experienced at this traveling festival’s event in rib country. With 60 beers, 40 bourbons, and lots of BBQ. Buy a ticket to enjoy unlimited beer and bourbon tastings among regular festival festivities. Be sure to check out “The Shrine of Swine,” featuring a new pig every hour.

North Dakota: North Dakota Ukrainian Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Ideanorth via flickr.com

When: July 22-24, 2016

Where: Dickinson, North Dakota

Tickets: Free admission

Each year, the Ukrainian Cultural Institute in North Dakota puts on a festival. This festival includes concerts, dancing, seminars, and liturgy, but most importantly Ukrainian meals. If you’re in North Dakota and not used to the small town vibe, this might be the highlight of your summer.

Ohio: Versailles Poultry Days

festival

Photo courtesy of Cowgirl Jules via flickr.com

When: June 10-12, 2016

Where: Versailles, Ohio

Tickets: Free admission, pay for certain activities

Okay, what other states have a festival with chicken dinners? That’s enough to sell this to me if I end up in Ohio. There’s plenty of stuff for everyone to try at this event’s 65th year running.

Oklahoma: McLoud Blackberry Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of KrazyKaty via flickr.com

When: July 1-2, 2016

Where: McLoud, Oklahoma

Tickets: Free admission

Held at the end of the blackberry harvest season, the McLoud Blackberry Festival is one cheerful place to go for a celebration before Independence Day. There’s a bunch of food, fireworks, and a blackberry baking contest, so it’s sure to be a good time.

Oregon: Annual Oregon Berry Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of DoremiGirl via flickr.com

When: July 15-16, 2016

Where: Portland, Oregon

Tickets: Free admission

Oregon is known for its awesome berries and jams. So where better to experience that than at a berry fair held there? There’s a Portland chef berry cook-off that I totally want to sneak into. But for those less culinarily-inclined, you can always go and buy some of the season’s best berries, sample products, and eat your fill of berries.

Pennsylvania: Great Beer Expo

festival

Photo courtsey of Microsoft TechEd Europe via flickr.com

When: June 4, 2016

Where: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tickets: Prices vary, see site

Philly drinks so much beer, so of course they would have an expo every year for it. This year, it’s during a week-long beer festival as well. This international beer tasting event features an incredible variety of beers from some of the finest American and international breweries. The money goes to the Committee To Benefit The Children, which provides resources for the treatment and care of children with cancer, leukemia and serious blood disorders.

Rhode Island: Great Chowder Cook Off

festival

Photo courtesy of _e.t via flickr.com

When: June 18, 2016

Where: Newport, Rhode Island

Tickets: $20-25

The original and longest running chowder championship gathers competitors and crowds from across the country. You can enjoy endless samples of traditional and exotic creations from dozens of restaurants. Score! There’s also plenty of food and bar options on top of the chowder, seafood, and creative competitions.

South Carolina: South Carolina Festival of Discovery

festival

Photo courtesy of Clotee Allochuku via flickr.com

When: July 7-11, 2016

Where: Greenwood, South Carolina

Tickets: See site

The best part of this BBQ event is that no matter what kind of BBQ you enjoy, you’ll find it here. And just about any kind of meat is barbecued. This festival allows guests to sample many different competitors best BBQ and vote for who they think is best. Or participate in a hot dog eating contest. Your choice.

South Dakota: International Vinegar Festival

festival

When: June 18, 2016

Where: Roslyn, South Dakota

Tickets: Free admission

I know, a vinegar festival? Well, there’s not much in South Dakota in ways of publicized festivals and don’t knock the importance of vinegar. Plus this event has a parade, live music, arts and crafts, vendors, and food besides vinegar. And it’s free, and who doesn’t like free?

Tennessee: Grainger County Tomato Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Revolution_Ferg via flickr.com

When: July 28-31, 2016

Where: Rutledge, Tennessee

Tickets: Free admission

Alright, there’s not a lot of exciting premier festivals in Tennessee for food that I can get excited about. But apparently there’s a festival dedicated to tomatoes. There’s a bunch for sale, so come grab local, fresh produce. Also, there’s a thing called “Tomato Wars” where you throw tomatoes at each other from what I can tell. That sounds fun in the weirdest way.

Texas: Austin Ice Cream Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Andreanna Moya via flickr.com

When: August 13, 2016

Where: Austin, Texas

Tickets: $10 (last year, may have changed)

The start of summer as a child was always signaled by the sound of the ice cream truck. Kick your nostalgia into full gear by attending the Austin Ice Cream Festival. Participate in, or just watch, the ice cream making contest, ice cream eating contest, or popsicle stick sculpture contest. Try not to get a brain freeze in the summer heat and eat lots of ice cream.

Utah: Raspberry Days Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Steven Depolo via flickr.com

When: August 4-6, 2016

Where: Garden City, Utah

Tickets: Free admission

Alright, there’s surprisingly little in Utah to report for summer festivals. But, I did find the Raspberry Days festival celebrating the harvest of Bear Lake raspberries. There’s all sorts of food, raspberries, and entertainment to check out on the beach of Bear Lake during this weekend long event.

Vermont: Vermont Cheesemaker’s Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Allison H. via flickr.com

When: July 17, 2016

Where: Shelburne, Vermont

Tickets: $60 regular, $20 children

I want to go to this festival celebrating Vermont’s cheesemakers because I love cheese so much. Check out the seminars as well as the cooking and cheesemaking demos to get as much as you can out of this day. It doesn’t hurt if you head home with as much local, artisanal cheese, wine, and samples you can carry, either. If you can’t make it, check out how to navigate your cheese section and have your own makeshift festival.

Virginia: Bayou Boogaloo & Cajun Food Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Kent Kanouse via flickr.com

When: June 24-26, 2016

Where: Norfolk, Virginia

Tickets: Prices vary, see site

This was tough decision for me since part of me said I should choose a festival near where I’ve lived. But the Cajun food festival in Norfolk is so popular and showcases the diversity of Virginia by celebrating New Orleans bayou culture. This festival delivers the heart and soul of Louisiana to visitors in true Cajun and Creole style. If you can’t go, make some Cajun beer bread instead.

Washington: Bite of Seattle

festival

Photo courtesy of Kathleen Leavitt Cragun via flickr.com

When: July 15-17, 2016

Where: Seattle, Washington

Tickets: Free admission

Bite of Seattle is the Northwest’s premier food and beverage showcase. This festival is a foodie’s dream with over 60 restaurants and vendors, local craft beer and cider tasting, a wine bar, beer gardens, and celebrity chefs performing live demonstrations and mystery ingredient cook-offs on stage. While you’re there, be sure to try out the foods Seattle natives love.

West Virginia: Upper Ohio Valley Italian Heritage Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Sherene via flickr.com

When: July 22-24, 2016

Where: Wheeling, West Virginia

Tickets: Free admission

I’ve never had an opinion of West Virginia besides there’s some interesting places to eat. However, they are home to the second-largest Italian festival in the country. Over 100 vendors provide food and visitors are treated to a celebration of anything and everything Italian. It’s like a mini trip to Italy without spending as much money. Just make sure you follow their kitchen commandments.

Wisconsin: Chocolate Fest

festival

Photo courtesy of Kristina Zuidema via flickr.com

When: June 4, 2016

Where: Hortonville, Wisconsin

Tickets: Prices vary, check site

This chocolate festival has a Bake-Off and a chocolate village. That’s enough to sell me since I am a huge chocoholic despite my attempts to be healthy. With a “Tour de Chocolate,” lots to eat, and live music this festival is the only reason I’d ever want to go to Wisconsin that I currently know of.

Wyoming: Wyoming Brewers Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau via flickr.com

When: June 17-18, 2016

Where: Cheyenne, Wyoming

Tickets: $35-60

Wyoming, it looks like beer is your thing. There’s like three festivals in the summer dedicated to that alone. This festival is two days of fun, good beer, and tasty food. If you homebrew, be sure to enter a batch in the competition.

Bonus round!

DC: Truckeroo Food Truck Festival

festival

Photo courtesy of Daniel Rosenstein via flickr.com

When: June 17, July 8, and August 19, 2016 (there’s multiple ones a year)

Where: Washington, DC

Tickets: Free admission, food prices vary

I don’t know about you, but as a DMV native I will definitely be heading to one of these this summer. With 6 Truckeroo Food Truck events this year alone it’s easy to see how big the food truck craze is. Sample dishes from more than 20 food trucks while enjoying a mix of live music, cornhole, and a festive atmosphere. Participating food trucks offer everything from tapas to bahn mi. There’s something for everyone.

Keep in mind the dates and ticket prices of these festivals change every year. So if you find one you absolutely have to go to, make sure to check out their site next year for updates.