Take a second and just think about pie. Mmm, pie. You probably imagined an apple pie or perhaps a pumpkin pie. But did you imagine a strawberry ice cream pie? Probably not. But soon this will be right up there with the rest of your go-to pie faves.

This pie is for those of you who wish you could make pie more often, but don’t want to deal with the finicky crust or the goopy, subpar store-bought pie fillings. And forget the need for an oven. This pie is much simpler than that. Only two ingredients go into making its crunchy pretzel crust, and the remaining ingredients are all mixed together for a pie filling reminiscent of your favorite summer smoothie. The fresh strawberry filling and garnish are the perfect complement to the salty, crunchy pie crust. Freeze before serving for the best warm weather dessert you could imagine!

Level: Easy

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: several hours (for a delicious frozen pie)

Servings: 8 slices

1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels (about two snack-size bags from a c-store)
1/4 cup butter, melted
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 cup crushed strawberries (about 9 medium-sized strawberries)
8 ounces whipped topping

1. In a bowl, toss together the melted butter and crushed pretzels.
2. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of a pie dish.

Photo by Jenny Starrs

3. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar. Tip: It’ll be a lot easier to mix the cream cheese if you stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Mix in the orange juice and lime juice.
5. Add the crushed strawberries. Mix well so that the strawberries are incorporated into every part of the mixture.

Photo by Jenny Starrs

6. Fold in the whipped topping.

Photo by Jenny Starrs

7. Pour the mixture over the pretzel pie crust.

Photo by Jenny Starrs

8. Freeze the pie for 4 to 5 hours or until firm.
When serving the pie, slice some of the leftover strawberries to scatter on top for an added touch!