Everybody has those weeks when sleep feels like a luxury. Between work, essays, and hosting lacrosse socials (I'm not on the lacrosse team, but tbh I feel like this would be a lot of effort), finding time to cook feels impossible. Enter the benefits of meal prep. If you whip up a few meals on a Sunday, then you save time during the week. Eager to start? Check out these vegetarian meal prep ideas for some inspo.

Breakfast

Running late for class? Don't forget about the most important meal of the day. These breakfast ideas are easy to make ahead of time and take with you to your 9 am psych lecture.

1. Paleo Blueberry Muffins

muffin, cake, pastry, chocolate, sweet, raisin muffin, goody, blueberry muffin
Haley Abram

Make a batch of these tasty muffins in the evening and wake up to a healthy blueberry treat. The recipe makes 14 servings, so freeze half the batch to enjoy later. 

2. Mocha Overnight Oats

gif
Arden Sarner

After years of eating chocolate croissants for breakfast (thanks, Dad, for corrupting me), I sometimes wake up craving dessert. Enter these mocha overnight oats. They're easy to whip up the night before, and immediately ready to eat when you wake up.

3. Jalapeño Cheddar Muffins

meat, pastry, sweet, vegetable, bread
Parisa Soraya

If eating a chocolate-y breakfast first thing in the morning sounds about as appealing as lying on a bed of nails, check out these savory jalapeño cheddar muffins instead. The jalapeño gives them a spicy kick that will put a pep in your step (or have you reaching for water, but at least you'll be hydrated).

4. Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding

smoothie, sweet, dairy product, yogurt, cream, milk
Katherine Baker

This high-protein breakfast is gluten-free, vegan, and 100% delicious. Prep this chia seed pudding in advance for a creamy breakfast that tastes like an orange popsicle.

5. Spinach Quiche Cups

quiche, spinach, vegetable, cheese
Rafael Hernandez

No bread here. These spinach quiche cups are made from only eggs, veggies, and cheese, so you're basically eating an omelette on the go. Make these on Sunday and enjoy them for breakfast throughout the week.

6. Pre-Made Smoothies

salad
Rachel Eng

Smoothies are the ultimate grab-and-go drink. All you do is pour the shake into a travel cup, run to class, and sip loudly until everyone else is jealous (no? just me?). Learn how to prep five types of smoothie here.

7. Pumpkin-Spiced Scones

bread, pie, cake, coffee, pastry, sweet
Courtney Lailey

It's never too early for PSLs (yes, I really am that basic). These pumpkin scones are the perfect make-ahead breakfast in October to celebrate the fall weather. Just be warned: there are 10+ ingredients in this recipe, so this one isn't for beginners.

Lunch

I'm a big fan of bringing a packed lunch to class, and these portable lunch ideas are the perfect way to do it. Plus, you have an excuse to stock your cupboards with adorable jars. You're welcome.

8. Mason Jar Sushi

vegetable, dairy product
Hui Lin

Your fave food to eat with chopsticks gets an update with this deconstructed vegan sushi bowl. Simply pop it in a mason jar, and bring it to enjoy between lectures. It even has seaweed sheets in it. Brb, gonna make this right now.

9. Chickpea, Sweet Potato, and Apple Faro Salad

vegetable, parsley, corn, rice, pepper, legume, cereal, lentil
Katherine Baker

This chickpea and apple salad proves that salads are more than just a few lettuce leaves. The lemon dressing adds a citrusy note that will make you think of summer even as you're stuck in an English tutorial.

10. Curried "Chicken" Pita

chicken, tacos, egg, avocado
Helena Lin

This curry chicken recipe is actually made with tofu. Another unexpected ingredient? White wine. Not enough to make things blurry though, so you don't have to worry about your lunch turning into an accidental noon pregame.

11. Chipotle Burrito Mason Jar

Grant Sorbo

Save time (and cash) by making this chipotle burrito jar at home. Make sure to swap the chicken for a tofu alternative to make it vegetarian. Recommended: a big whack of homemade guacamole on top.

12. Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich

egg, sandwich, avocado
Kaitlyn Thayer

Switch up your usual egg salad for this chickpea and avocado version. The recipe only calls for five ingredients, and you can whip up a batch of it and spread it on bread throughout the week for an easy sandwich.

13. Salad Rolls  

lettuce, salad, vegetable, rice, spring rolls
Jillian Rogers

If you haven't tried salad rolls before, then you're seriously missing out. These babies are made with veggies and protein wrapped in vermicelli rice paper, and you can put them together in 15 minutes. Try them with this peanut-soy sauce for a truly wonderful experience.

Dinner

You may be home for dinner, but it's still a pain to cook a new meal every night. These dinner ideas can be made in big batches, so you can cook once and eat twice (or six times).

14. Black Bean and Butternut Squash Tacos

tacos, vegetable, corn, parsley
Katherine Baker

You don't have to wait for #TacoTuesday to roll around to enjoy a good taco. Make these black bean and butternut squash tacos on a Sunday as a dinner back-up for when you're too busy to cook during the week.

15. Spicy Chickpea Burgers with Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries

bread, sandwich, salad, vegetable, lettuce, cheese
Charlotte Cohen

These bomb veggie burgers will give you something to look forward to when the homework starts piling up. Double the recipe to make eight patties so that you're ultra prepared for the week.

16. Carrot Soup 

spoon, bisque, butternut squash soup, soup, cream, parsley, vegetable, bread
Julia Gilman

Sure, you could buy canned soup, but will it ever live up to this homemade carrot soup? I think you know the answer. The recipe makes 4-6 servings, so you won't need to cook another dinner throughout the week. Best enjoyed with a whole lotta bread.

17. Vegan Cashew Cheese Lasagna

cheese, tomato, lasagna, sauce, meat, vegetable
Keni Lin

Lasagna is one of those things that lasts forever in your freezer, although you might not have any of this vegan cashew cheese lasagna left to freeze. It's just that good.

18. BBQ Lentil Sloppy Joes

Jody Brimacombe

If you're looking to cram in some protein this week, look no further than these BBQ lentil sloppy joes. You can make the filling ahead of time, and simply spoon it on to buns throughout the week.

19. Veggie Chili

chili
Hannah Bibbo

Not only does this veggie chili look like it belongs in a fancy restaurant, but it's cheap to make and it only uses five ingredients. You can prep most of your dinners for the week for less than $5.

20. Veggie Pasta Primavera

pasta, penne, macaroni, basil, vegetable, sauce, spaghetti, tomato
Lily Allen

Just like pizza, I'm a big fan of eating pasta cold. This veggie pasta may make only one serving, but it's easy to quadruple (or octuple—and yes, I had to look that word up). Make a big batch and eat it cold throughout the week.

Dessert

You didn't think I was going to skip dessert, did you? Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but dessert is the most delicious. Literally drooling just looking at these.

21. Edible Cookie Dough

cookie, chocolate, sweet
Leah Valenti

Meal prepping dessert might sound strange, but think of it as a way to ward off eating an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's. If you have this edible cookie dough sitting in the fridge instead, you can satisfy your sweet tooth for half the calories.

22. Salted Caramel Ice Cream

mousse, goody, candy, cake, dairy product, whipped cream, sweet, milk, chocolate, cream
Grace Bodkin

If you're still craving the Ben & Jerry's, then make this salted caramel ice cream. The recipe only has five ingredients, and you don't need any fancy equipment to make it. And honestly, what's more gourmet than making your own ice cream?

23. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

chocolate
Santina Renzi

Whip up a batch of these crinkle cookies for a yummy chocolate treat that can last you for weeks (okay, realistically a few days, but theoretically you can freeze some). Did I mention that they're vegan? Plant-lovers, rejoice.

Even if you're a beginner to meal prep, these vegetarian meal prep recipes will give you an idea of how to get started. No more last-minute microwave meals or soup out of a can. You're an independent adult that has your life together (except when it comes to what the heck a mortgage is, but whatever, you can deal with that later). Blast the tunes, throw on an apron, and get prepping.