These gluten-free quiche cups are perfect for early morning breakfast on the go, and also make a great pre-workout bite to eat. Each batch makes about 12 muffins, so you can throw them in the freezer to reheat later. Not to mention, the protein from this snack will keep you fuller for longer, leaving less room for junk foods throughout the day.

Keep in mind, this recipe is fast and simple, so don’t be scared to play around with it! If you don’t like mushrooms, they can be substituted with bell peppers or asparagus. Need a visual? Watch a quick video tutorial here.

Spinach Quiche Cups

• Prep Time:5-6 minutes
  • Cook Time:20-23 minutes
  • Total Time:35 minutes
  • Servings:12 muffins

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 10 oz spinach (regular package)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
  • 8 oz mini-bella mushrooms (optional)
  • 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
  • 1/4 cup water
Photo by Rafael Hernandez

Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and slowly sauté the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes. Set aside.

Photo by Rafael Hernandez

Place spinach in a large skillet, add 1/4 cup of water, and cook spinach on medium heat. (When it’s done it will look wilted, about 3-4 minutes.)

Photo by Rafael Hernandez

Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until combined, then add sautéed spinach, mushrooms, cream, and cheese. Mix well.

Photo by Rafael Hernandez

Divide evenly among muffin cups, bake for 20-23 minutes.

Photo by Rafael Hernandez

Pop them out of the tray while they are still warm to prevent them from sticking.

Photo by Rafael Hernandez