Whether it's a long day of work, an 8 am class, or an overloaded to-do list that gets you out of bed, these quick grab-and-go breakfasts will maximize efficiency and minimize chaos during your morning routine. 

We've all had days when we wake up late, can't move quite as quickly as we need to, or just aren't hungry enough to cook something early in the morning. We resort to a never-satisfying granola bar or a big bowl of nothing for breakfast. However, starting a busy day with an empty stomach makes everything harder.

Instead, fill your fridge with some of these filling and nutritious make-ahead breakfasts at the beginning of the week. Whether you like it sweet or savory, there's a breakfast sure to please anyone on a hectic morning.

1. Chia Seed Overnight Oats 

Maggie Harriman

This sweet and colorful breakfast treat is packed with fiber, some protein, and chia seed super powers. It can be put together the night before and snatched quickly from the fridge in the morning as you're running out the door.

2. Blueberry Banana Greek Yogurt Waffles

butter, cake, waffle, sweet, pastry
Maggie Lees

These high-protein waffles can be made on Sunday, frozen, and toasted each morning. They're filled with fruit, making them a great alternative to store-bought frozen waffles. Sandwich some peanut butter and fruit between them, stuff them in a bag, and enjoy them on-the-go.

3. Fruit Parfait

muesli, honey, sweet
Maggie Harriman

Layer up your favorite yogurt, fruit, granola, and nut butters for a customizable make-ahead breakfast. Pack them up in mason jars and enjoy a different variation each day.

4. Make-Ahead Muesli

muesli, milk, cereal, porridge, rice, oatmeal
Christin Urso

Muesli is like oatmeal but with added goodies like seeds, nuts, and dried fruit. Make your own and mix it with milk overnight for a quick and hardy breakfast surprise the next morning.

5. Breakfast Cookies with Peanut Butter

oatmeal, sweet, chocolate, cereal, granola
Jessica Suss

Bake up a batch of these fruit and oat cookies and sandwich some peanut butter in between for a healthy, but deceivingly delicious, breakfast dessert. 

6. PB and Chia Jam Sandwich

berry, sweet, toast, jam
Amanda Shulman

Skip the overly sweetened jelly and give this homemade chia seed jam a try. Not only is it way lower in sugar than its store-bought relative, it's also loaded with fiber and packs in a bit of protein, making it a great breakfast condiment. Spread it on whole grain bread with your favorite nut butter and stick it in your backpack for a busy morning.

7. Green Smoothie 

juice, sweet, smoothie
Christin Urso

Smoothies are one of the easiest on-the-go breakfasts. Stick a blender full of fruit, greens, seeds, oats and nut butters in the freezer the night before, and add your almond milk, yogurt, or water in the morning for a quick nutrient-packed morning drink. 

8. Freezer Breakfast Burritos

tomato, vegetable
Katie Cooper

You can make up to a month's worth of breakfast burritos at a time and keep them in your freezer for early morning emergencies. Load them up with sautéed veggies and cheese for a flavor-packed meal to get you up and moving.

9. Frozen Egg White Sandwich

breakfast, study, cafe, computer, laptop, bagel, bread
Denise Uy

Like the burritos, these egg sandwiches can be frozen and re-heated, ideal for busy mornings. They are perfect with a side of fruit and a cup of coffee.

10. Egg Muffins

sweet, pastry
Helena Lin

You can add anything from kale to bacon to these easy oven-baked egg muffins, and stick a big batch in the freezer. Pop a couple in the microwave in the morning and grab them on your way out.

11. Avocado Toast Sandwich

herb, guacamole, cheese, avocado, vegetable
Honorata (Nora) McIntyre

For a classier breakfast that will make your co-workers jealous, turn your favorite version of avocado toast into a sandwich that can be packed up and eaten anywhere. Add an egg, some ricotta, sliced tomato, or a squeeze of lime juice. You truly can't go wrong.

12. Hard Boiled Eggs

dairy product, sweet, deviled eggs, egg, cream, milk
Caroline Alexander

Keep hard-boiled eggs in your fridge to dice and spread on toast, or for a last-minute protein pick-me-up. They travel well in a lunch box and will keep you full all day.

13. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burrito

cheese, beans, corn, pea, vegetable, burrito
Santina Renzi

Who says a breakfast burrito needs eggs? Fill your favorite wrap with veggies, beans, and greens for a freezer-friendly anytime meal that will keep you feeling full and fresh.

Never let a busy day keep you from enjoying the most important meal of the day. Keep your kitchen stocked with a couple of these grab-and-go breakfasts, and those early starts to your busiest days will quickly become exciting and delicious.